Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Items/Products bought outside the country

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

zen01

Arresto Menor

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and this would be my first post/question.

The situation goes like this:

An individual (OFW) bought several gadgets/items/etc. abroad (perhaps in some European country)a few days before his/her scheduled vacation. This individual packs everything he bought and brings it home to his country (Philippines)as 'pasalubong' to his/her friends and relatives.

The question is this:

Is it true that 15% of the total price of the item is supposed to be paid on customs +12% tax? Read this from one blog (this is some sort of complaint as the 15% and 12% were coming from the customs person (there were two of them, one saying that it's 4k for total amount of items below 10k, the other saying 15% of total price of the item +12% tax) at the airport.)

Since these items/products came from another country, lets say 30, 000 pesos in total amount if converted to peso, how much will be the tax computation for such?

Suppose these items/products has no price tag in them as they were removed, how will one be able to declare the amount of those said items/products?

Can an individual declare that those items aren't brand new and if so, will the individual still pay the tax?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

attyLLL

are you bringing them as personal baggage?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum