Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Consumer Products and Service Warranties

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Consumer Products and Service Warranties Empty Consumer Products and Service Warranties Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:51 am

zeke1234

Arresto Menor

Hello, My name is zeke.
We have an Auto Supply, we retail Japan and Korean surplus car parts. The items that we sell are already used from those two countries before imported to the philippines.
(e.g. Alternator, compressor, etc..)

My question is are we still obligated to give customers a warranty as a retailer only on those used items?

I tried reading about it in "CHAPTER III
CONSUMER PRODUCTS AND SERVICE WARRANTIES (Article 66-68)" but there's no available information about second hand items.

I hope you could help me with my concern, Thank you and God bless.

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

CONSUMER PRODUCTS AND SERVICE WARRANTIES is applicable only on Brand New products.

Since you engaged in surplus business, then, AT YOUR OPTION, you may give PERSONAL WARRANTY to your customers(Business strategy of some businessmen in line with your business) OR plainly on "AS-IS WHERE IS" condition. In both cases you must inform your customer beforehand.

AND lastly, there is no available infos about 2nd hand items on that provision of the law, because the law in selling 2nd hand items, treat it in an "AS-IS WHERE IS" basis.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum