Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Land Title expire/penalize if not transfered from a deceased parent?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

roggiedc

roggiedc
Arresto Menor

Dear Attorney,

I would like to inquire if a land title expire or I get a penalty if I did not transfer the land title to my name from my deceased father?

Please advice. Thank you.

Roggie

attyLLL

the penalties will be for estate tax. if real estate tax is not being paid, it may be eventually auctioned by the local government.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

roggiedc

roggiedc
Arresto Menor

Thank you for the quick reply.

The Estate tax is being paid every year.

I would like to ask your advice. Because I have two land title that came from my father. My father and mother were legally separated. I don't know why but my father named the other land title to my uncle. Now my two land title is named from my father and my uncle. Due to financial problem I can only transfer one title for now.

My questions are:

1. If I transfer the land title that is named on my uncle. Will I have a problem with the other one that is named from my deceased father? My father is gone for almost 6 years now.

2. Which is cheaper to use when transferring land title? Deed of donation or deed of sales? Or there maybe that I did not mention.

3. Off topic, Do the court honors last will and testament that was hand written on a yellow pad paper? It is not notarize or something.

Please advice. Thank you.

attyLLL

the annual tax is called real estate tax. estate tax is the tax for transferring the title when the owner dies. it is supposed to be paid within 6 months, after which, there are penalties.

is your uncle willing to transfer his ownership to you? if you will pay for the property, then a deed of sale is proper. if not, then a deed of donation.

a handwritten is called holographic will and is valid.

roggiedc

roggiedc
Arresto Menor

How will I know if this was paid within 6 months? Also will there be another payment after that beside the annual tax?

My uncle is willing to transfer without payment. But I heard that deed of sale is better than deed of donation because the donor can recall his property at will with DOD unlike DOS the seller cannot recall the property. Also, even I will not pay the property my uncle is willing to in any matter will the land title be transferred. As long as it is my expenses it does not matter.

does this holographic will need to be notarize? Because it was not notarize on Public Notary.

attyLLL

it probably was not paid because there isn't even a notice of death yet.

if you do a deed of sale, you are falsely making it appear that you paid for the property and then swearing before a notary that this is the truth. up to you if you are ok with the risk.

a holographic will ned not be notarized but will need to be probated in court

roggiedc

roggiedc
Arresto Menor

Thank you for your help and enlightenment. Should you have more clients to come.

Smile Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum