Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Son Unaware His Deceased Parent has left him a 596 sqm residential land

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Public Assistance

Arresto Menor

A neighbor of mine came to my home and confided that the Local treasurer;s Office of our place sent him a statement of real property tax deficiency amounting to Php 44,000 as of this month.  He told me that possibly this lot was sold to somebody during the time when his mother was in bed for quite a long time. My question now is that if it was indeed sold, why is it that the tax declaration is still in the name of  of his deceased parents, The usual procedure to transfer the tax declaration of the title from the previous owner(seller) to the new owner (buyer). As a former government real property appraiser, you need only to bring to the City Assessor's Office the following:

1. The new copy of the title in the name of the Buyer;
2.  In some of other assessment office, the old title;
3, If land dis subdivided, you have to submit the  Approved Subdivision Map;
4. The tax declaration of the previous owner
5  Transfer fee
6. Capital Gains-Other assessment offices  no longer needs this
7. Transfer Conveyance documents.
8. Certification of the City Treasurer that all taxes has been paid until the current year

Note-For a span of 19 years in the assessment Office, I was under 3 City Assessors.  Each of these three people have different sets of requirements.  One who is liberal and a good lawyer with very strong personality only requires a Xerox copy of the newly issued tax titles . You need only to allow the Assessor to see your Original s of those titles presented for confirmation.  Nothing else

Assuming further that the Title kept by the Register of Deeds of Davao City is clean, no lines, encumbrances whatsoever is recorded in the title, would it be alright for my neighbor to just simply execute an AFFIDAVIT OF SELF ADJUDICATION, being the only child, so that He can transfer the title to his own name. Anyway, if there is an affected party to the adjudication, there is that legal notice giving time for the lender if any, to register his objection that this title will be transferred to this name . Please give your much awaited legal advice.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum