Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rejection of Applied Vacation Leave / Terminal Leave

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bea12

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I need an expert's help, advice and suggestion.  Crying or Very sad

Does a hotel employees don't have the right to file for terminal leaves even if they still have unused leave credits?

I filed a 4 days VL for my trip next month last June 2018. Then unexpectedly, due to personal reasons, I sent my resignation letter just last week.

As per our HR, our credit leaves cannot be converted into cash. And for 30 days notice, I cannot filed my unused leaves. I even told them that I have a filed leave for my trip next month, and they said I cannot use my credit VL instead, it will reflect as absent on my last pay.

Is this possible that I cannot use my unused leaves even if I still have 2 weeks before my last day of work?

I hope I can read some legal advice from you guys.

Thanks a lot!

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

first you need to render 30 days notice

second, your should be paid the 4 days VL since it was already approved (you should show them a copy of your signed approved vacation leave form)

third, unless you have a policy that the company have a terminal leave, you cannot apply for a terminal leave since there is none.

Also, leave benefits, as per usual policy, is subjected to approval before being paid. no approval no pay.

the best thing you can do is be in good relationship with your superior and the hr so that they will approve your filed leaves. hope this helps

bea12

Arresto Menor

mikos23 wrote:first you need to render 30 days notice

second, your should be paid the 4 days VL since it was already approved (you should show them a copy of your signed approved vacation leave form)

third, unless you have a policy that the company have a terminal leave, you cannot apply for a terminal leave since there is none.

Also, leave benefits, as per usual policy, is subjected to approval before being paid. no approval no pay.

the best thing you can do is be in good relationship with your superior and the hr so that they will approve your filed leaves.  hope this helps

Got it. Thank you so much! cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum