Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TERMINAL LEAVE AND BEING EMPLOYED WHILE ON LEAVE

4 posters

Is it allowed to go on terminal leave and be employed in another company during that leave?

TERMINAL LEAVE AND BEING EMPLOYED WHILE ON LEAVE Vote_lcap0%TERMINAL LEAVE AND BEING EMPLOYED WHILE ON LEAVE Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
TERMINAL LEAVE AND BEING EMPLOYED WHILE ON LEAVE Vote_lcap0%TERMINAL LEAVE AND BEING EMPLOYED WHILE ON LEAVE Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hopper0310

Arresto Menor

Is it allowed to go on terminal leave and be employed in another company during that leave? My resignation is effective 10/07/2016 and my manager would not allow an immediate resignation. My start date on the new company is 09/26/2016. So my last resort is to apply for leave so I can be on boarded on 09/26/2016. Is this possible?

http://thedarknessfelt@wordpress.com

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

hopper0310 wrote:Is it allowed to go on terminal leave and be employed in another company during that leave? My resignation is effective 10/07/2016 and my manager would not allow an immediate resignation. My start date on the new company is 09/26/2016. So my last resort is to apply for leave so I can be on boarded on 09/26/2016. Is this possible?

It's possible...

IF your current employer allows it.

Check your employee handbook for provisions regarding conflict of interest.

Generally when you are employed with Company A, you shouldn't be working for Company X.

http://www.councilviews.com

alike111

Arresto Menor

Our company has a policy that says Earned VL and SL can only be availed after 1 year of employment. However, I am resigning from this company after 8 months (inclusive of mandatory 1 month notice) which means I have already earned more or less 10 VL and SL each. According to our HR, the accrued VL (never mind the SL) will not be converted to cash upon the effectivity of my resignation because of the aforementioned policy. Also, they won't even allow me to use it as part of my Terminal Leave because, again, there is a policy that prohibits this practice. Is this legal? Please advise. Thank you.

P.S. I had a similar experience in my previous company but they paid off my earned VL.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

service incentive leaves by law are only given to employees that have been in the company for more than a year. so if you are talking about the govt mandated leaves you haven't earned anything yet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum