Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

employees required to make materials for the company but without payment nor copyright of author

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aljisidro

Arresto Menor

Good day po,

Our company is requiring all teaching staff to write short articles that will be later used as their teaching materials. However, the teachers are asking to have our materials copyrighted and to be paid for the work that will be done. Now the company tells us that we cannot ask for payment and they are telling us that the materials that we will be writing and designing will all be the company's properties and we will all not be paid. As for the copyright, they tell us that they will only write our names on the website, not on the materials that we will be making. What is the legal action to be followed here? We did not sign anything about this matter. Thank you very much.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

i believe that the company has the right to do so as long as you do it on company time. easiest way to get out of it would be to either resign or refuse the order (but you may be subject to termination)

johnlocke1290

Arresto Mayor

I encountered a similar situation where all the teachers were required to make books and, in the end, the institution did pay the teachers but meager compared to what the company earned.

You could argue that if they will profit from the learning materials, then you have to be compensated as creating learning materials is not part of your job description and may be subjected to intellectual property; however, if the company will use it for the benefit of the students and will only be used inside the school, then it is part of your job description as teachers.

Btw, I sent a PM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum