Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Retropay Required or is it the company's prerogative?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

nastassialeslie

Arresto Menor

Hi! I've been working for three months as a school nurse in an international school here in Manila. My contract says that my probation period will be three months, and then my appraisal will be given.

Here are my questions:

1.) Upon regularisation, is the company required to give an increase?
2.) IF the company will give an increase, are they required to give us retropay or is it their prerogative?
3.) May I ask the company to give me a salary increase of Grade 15 since that is what nurses should receive?

I hope this gets answered today! I only found out that my appraisal will be held at 3pm later. Thank you! affraid

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

1. upon regularization, if not stated in your contract, it's not automatic that you are entitled for an increase.. however you must be receiving at least the minimum wage otherwise it's a violation.

2. company's prerogative yan kung may increase or wala and why would they give it retro active? unless it's in your contract maybe..

3. there's no harm in asking.. just do it properly..

nastassialeslie

Arresto Menor

1.) Thank you for this. I don't think my company will give an increase though.. BUT I am doing something beyond my job description, so maybe I can ask about that instead? I'm a nurse, doing a TA's job. Sad

2.) Where does retropay apply?

3.) But it's in RA 9173 (Philippine Nursing Law) that we're supposed to be receiving Grade 15 salary.. But anyway, I'll just ask later.

Thank you so much!

Good lord, I hope my appraisal goes well this aft[/quote]ernoon.[/quote]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum