Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

balikbayan box na nawala

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1balikbayan box na nawala Empty balikbayan box na nawala Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:12 am

febfirst1981

Arresto Menor

nagpadala po kapatid ko from england ng 10 box to us here in leyte. 1 lang po dumating out of the 10 boxes. ano po maganda gawin. di po insured yung packages kasi po ung shipper sa uk, matagal na po palang walang accreditation. thanks po sa mga mag-aadvise.

2balikbayan box na nawala Empty Re: balikbayan box na nawala Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:47 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Well. If arrived recently, perhaps the missing will arrive too.
What do the transport company say?

You put the topic under "Business". BB boxes are NOT allowed to be used for Business transports.

Concerning insuranse you can have some problem because many people don't follow the law concerning balikbayan boxes. They are NOT ment to send many at same time to same adress, and not ment to send expensive things in. So DON'T expect to get any much from insurance even if it was expensive.

3balikbayan box na nawala Empty balikbayan boxes Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:34 pm

febfirst1981

Arresto Menor

matagal na po ito. 2 years na pong hindi naidedeliver. deadma lang po kumpanya kasi noong panahaong yun nag yolanda dito sa leyte..

4balikbayan box na nawala Empty Re: balikbayan box na nawala Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:13 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

febfirst1981 wrote:matagal na po ito. 2 years na pong hindi naidedeliver. deadma lang po kumpanya kasi noong panahaong yun nag yolanda dito sa leyte..
(I'm bad at Tagalog.)
Oh you mean it wasn't recently?
What does the transport company say?

5balikbayan box na nawala Empty Re: balikbayan box na nawala Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:44 pm

febfirst1981

Arresto Menor

the cargo was shipped from the uk to leyte. the shipper in uk turned out to be illicit courier that was unregistered to the authorities, etc. so our chance of going after the insurance is nil.

we found out that the shipper's affiliate here in manila did not send the boxes to leyte as it was the time prior to the landfall of typhoon yolanda. so the truck that was carrying the boxes was stranded somewhere in sorsogon.

now the shipper's affiliate informed us that the cargoes were destroyed by typhoon yolanda.

as we cannot go after the shipper in the uk, can we still sue the shipper's affiliate for its failure to deliver the cargoes to me as the consignee? what cases may be filed by us? can we file a criminal case against the shipper's affiliate?

thanks for the free legal advice. may god bless this forum.

6balikbayan box na nawala Empty Re: balikbayan box na nawala Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:12 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

febfirst1981 wrote: now the shipper's affiliate informed us that the cargoes were destroyed by typhoon yolanda.

as we cannot go after the shipper in the uk, can we still sue the shipper's affiliate for its failure to deliver the cargoes to me as the consignee? what cases may be filed by us? can we file a criminal case against the shipper's affiliate?
Well. It ISN'T a CRIME, IF the Philippine transporter tell the truth about it was destroyed by Yolanda,
but the Philippine transporter is still RESPONCIBLE for it from when he got it, so HIS insurance is suppoused to pay for it - or he himself if he don't have any.

OR haven't the Philippine transporter not get order for insurance for it from the UK transporter?
If so, then PERHAPS the Philippine transporter can get free, but then the UK transporter is responcible instead. You can go after the UK shipper even if it's not registered.

7balikbayan box na nawala Empty Re: balikbayan box na nawala Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:29 pm

febfirst1981

Arresto Menor

i may caused some confusion in my post. by shipper, i was referring to the transporter. i will repost my query here:

the cargo was shipped from the uk to leyte. the transporter in uk turned out to be illicit courier that was unregistered to the authorities, etc. so our chance of going after the insurance is nil.

we found out that the transporter's affiliate here in manila did not send the boxes to leyte as it was the time prior to the landfall of typhoon yolanda. so the truck of the affiliate that was carrying the boxes got stranded somewhere in sorsogon.

now the transpoter's affiliate informed us that the cargoes were destroyed by typhoon yolanda.

as we cannot go after the transporter in the uk, can we still sue the transporter's affiliate here in the philippines for its failure to deliver the cargoes to me as the consignee? what cases may be filed by us? can we file a criminal case against the transporter's affiliate?

thanks for the free legal advice. may god bless this forum.

additional info:

the sender, is already based in leyte. so going after the transporter in the uk is now impracticable. she and I want to hold the affiliates here in the philippines accountable.

i hope someone can provide some more legal advice so we can weigh the legal measures we are to take.

thanks lunkan for the advice. we appreciate it very much.

8balikbayan box na nawala Empty Re: balikbayan box na nawala Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:32 pm

febfirst1981

Arresto Menor

is not the crime estafa or swindling or something? thanks guys

9balikbayan box na nawala Empty Re: balikbayan box na nawala Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:43 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

It isn't a crime IF Yolanda destroyed it.

" the transporter in uk turned out to be illicit courier that was unregistered to the authorities, etc. so our chance of going after the insurance is nil. "  
Yes nil for the INSURANCE,
but the UK transporter is RESPONCIBLE still,
IF it isn't transfered to the Philippine transporter. (I wrote about that earlier.)

"the sender, is already based in leyte. so going after the transporter in the uk is now impracticable. she and I want to hold the affiliates here in the philippines accountable. "
Well. It isn't a question of what is most practical,
it's about WHO is responcible   Smile
Probably IS the Philippine transporter responcible, with the possible exceotion I wrote about earlier.
So I would claim from the Philippone transporter in LETTER to see if HE claim it's the possible exception,
so you get information who of them to claim MONEY from.

10balikbayan box na nawala Empty Re: balikbayan box na nawala Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:35 pm

febfirst1981

Arresto Menor

we have evidence to show that the boxes arrived in manila even prior to yolanda. and because of the repeated typhoon warnings, the boxes were not transported to leyte.

can we still hold the transporter here in the philippines liable criminally and civilly?

thanks guys.

11balikbayan box na nawala Empty Re: balikbayan box na nawala Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:40 pm

febfirst1981

Arresto Menor

we are certain that the contents of the boxes were appropriated by the transporter's workers. that's why we wanted to file a case.

12balikbayan box na nawala Empty Re: balikbayan box na nawala Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:35 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Arrived THROUGH the custom,
or STUCKED in the custom?
To many transports get stucked in the custom... Evil or Very Mad

IF they were STOLEN, then it's a CRIME
IF they were DESTROYED by Yolanda, then transporter is still RESPONCIBLE through insurance or by themselves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum