Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Business and Family Problem. Need Help.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Business and Family Problem. Need Help. Empty Business and Family Problem. Need Help. Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:19 pm

CookieMonst3r

Arresto Menor

Need help or advice on what to do.

Back at 2006 my mother who was living abroad sent money to her sister and husband to start a business.There were no legalities or written documents except for receipts from a remittance service that she did sent money.She also didn't get any shares/money when the business started getting profits, since me and my mother live abroad we were just happy that our family in the Philippines are doing well.
Now my mother and her sister had a falling out (mostly because her sister refused to help her pay for their father's weekly dialysis), so she wants to pull out her name in everything her sister used or at least get her monthly share on the business.
Also, my aunt used my picture from 2008 until today to advertise the business and use it in tarpaulins/billboards.We also didn't have any signed documents nor I got any "talent fee" since its family.
Is there any way me and my mother can get anything? We just really need help on my grandfather's expensive dialysis and we felt we got betrayed by my aunt.

Please help us.

P.S. The business my aunt and uncle started has at least 20 franchises all over the country now.

Thank you.

ayelisme

Arresto Menor

CookieMonst3r wrote:Need help or advice on what to do.

Back at 2006 my mother who was living abroad sent money to her sister and husband to start a business.There were no legalities or written documents except for receipts from a remittance service that she did sent money.She also didn't get any shares/money when the business started getting profits, since me and my mother live abroad we were just happy that our family in the Philippines are doing well.
Now my mother and her sister had a falling out (mostly because her sister refused to help her pay for their father's weekly dialysis), so she wants to pull out her name in everything her sister used or at least get her monthly share on the business.
Also, my aunt used my picture from 2008 until today to advertise the business and use it in tarpaulins/billboards.We also didn't have any signed documents nor I got any "talent fee" since its family.
Is there any way me and my mother can get anything? We just really need help on my grandfather's expensive dialysis and we felt we got betrayed by my aunt.

Please help us.

P.S. The business my aunt and uncle started has at least 20 franchises all over the country now.

Thank you.

Please get a good lawyer. And I pray you will get through this.

God bless

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

There is the TIME problem. The father need assistance NOW I suppouse geting part of the BUSINESS will take YEARS if it has to be through court.

Solution ideas:
1. DON'T see it as a part of the business. Refer to the FAMILY law they HAVE TO support parent. Go to the baranggay captain where the sister have business headquarter (or live) and check if he handle THAT. (Baranggangs have power to SHUT DOWN business by not extend their business permits, although it's big, so they can probably get it elsewhere, but it would be inconvinient.)
2. I don't know how big part of the investment you had IN START of the business. SAY to sister, you will go to court and demand what's fair for that START proportion IF she don't agree to give you for instance half of that. Then let her negotiate ut down to for instance 1/4 IF she start paying enough to your father without delay...
3. Franchise companies are extra sensitive for LOSING FACE = get bad reputation. They can lose much money by that..,. DON'T statt such campain, but TELL the sister you will if she go on behaving bad...

I don't know your sister's personality - only know it's bad Smile - so I don't know how she react. If she react with aggresion normaly, then I suggest you start with one of the softer ideas and start the harder if the softer don't help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum