Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

sister's business problem - family burden???

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

janus02

Arresto Menor

Good Day po! 6 po kame magkakapatid, nung nagasawa ang isa sa mga ang kapatid kong babae ay humiwalay/bumukod na po sila sa amin. Nakapagtayo ang kapatid ko ng negosyo (Sole Proprietor) at sa tuwing nagkikita kame tinatanong namin ang kapatid ko kung kamusta sya at ang negosyo nya sagot nya at "OK naman" daw..
These year nung nalaman namin na ang kapatid ko ay sinugod sa hospital dahil sa nagtangka syang magsuicide.. tinanong naming kung bakit nya nagawa yun - ang sabi nya dahil sa problema sa negosyo at di na nya kaya dahil 2 years na pala nya sinosolo ang problema, financial po pala ang problem ng kapatid ko sa mga napag-utangan nya. Binawalan po sya ng Psychologist nya huwag muna magtrabaho dahil ito ang dahilan ng kanyang pagtankang magsuicide. Kaya ang parents namin muna ang kumakausap at humaharap sa mga pinagkakautangan nya… ang problema po dinadamay na rin po ang parents ko sa mga kaso na dapat ang kapatid ko lang ang kasuhan dahil wala naman po kame kinalaman dun lalo na mga parents naming… ang tanong ko po
1.maari po bang idamay ang magulang ko sa kaso dahil siya po yung nakikipagmeeting at humaharap ngaun sa mga napagutangan ng kapatid ko, bawal pa daw po kasi sabi ng doctor nya?
2. ano po kaya ang pwedeng gawin para maprotektahan ang bahay naming sa mga napagutangan ng kapatid ko kasi parang gusto nila kame ang magbayad sa utang na inutang ng kapatid ko sa kanila?
3. Naisip ko po na wala silang karapatan sa bahay naming dahil hindi naman po kame ang nangutang sa kanila at hindi rin kame konektado sa negosyo ng kapatid ko, pero kung maisama sa kaso ang magulang ko paano po kaya naming maprotektahan magkakapatid ang property naming para di nila makuha kasi wala naman po kame pera pambayad sa mga utang ng kapatid ko.

Sana po matulungan nyo po ako kasi marami na pong naghaharass pati sa amin at gusto ko po masecure ang karapatan naming magkakapatid. Alam ko po na nagkamali ang kapatid ko pero di naman po tama na pati kame na kapatid nya at mga parents namin ang magsuffer or magbayad sa kanila.

attyLLL

have your sister issue a Special Power of Attorney so other persons can represent her in dealing with her creditors and at the same time protect these representatives.

you are correct, your sister's dealings are hers alone. but you and your parents may be convinced or tricked if not careful into guaranteeing your sister's loans, and then they and/or you will become solidarily liable.

keep negotiating but don't expand your obligation to absorbing your sister's debts if you are not willing to do so.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

janus02

Arresto Menor

have your sister issue a Special Power of Attorney so other persons can represent her in dealing with her creditors and at the same time protect these representatives.
my sister did not issue a Special Power of Attorney for my parents to represent her, its just my parents took the initiative to represent her because of her present condition.

you are correct, your sister's dealings are hers alone. but you and your parents may be convinced or tricked if not careful into guaranteeing your sister's loans, and then they and/or you will become solidarily liable.

keep negotiating but don't expand your obligation to absorbing your sister's debts if you are not willing to do so.

we don’t want to absorb my sister's debts. we only want to help her. What can we do to help our sister and to protect our property at the same time? if my parents pass on the title to ownership of our assets to me/us (to protect our property), is it possible that they will still chase our house.

attyLLL

have her issue an SPA. it's not required that your parents pass on the property because they are not the one obligated to pay.

janus02

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:have her issue an SPA. it's not required that your parents pass on the property because they are not the one obligated to pay.

good day attyLLL, can i ask what is the content of the spa to be issued by my sister? thank you very much!

attyLLL

that she is empowering her parents to represent her in dealing with her creditors including to enter into agreements on her behalf. you can try to look up samples on the net, or have it drafted by a lawyer. good luck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum