Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ejectment (Unlawful Detainer)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ejectment (Unlawful Detainer) Empty Ejectment (Unlawful Detainer) Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:13 pm

gebalancio

Arresto Menor

I am a landlord of a commercial unit in Manila. On August 2010, I entered into a compromise agreement with my tenant before our baranggay chairman to fix the period of his lease until March 2011. However, I failed to stipulate in the compromise agreement the rentals for the use and occupancy of the subject premises.

On September 2010, I asked my tenant for the rentals but he refused to pay on the ground that there is no stipulation of rentals in the compromise agreement, therefore, his stay is for free. He further claims that since I am the one who drafted the compromise agreement, I am solely responsible for any mistake found thereat.

Questions:

1. Whether or not the claim of my tenant is valid?

2. Whether or not can I file an ejectment suit against him on the ground of non-payment of rentals.

I hope you can shed me light on the matter. Thank you and best regards!

2Ejectment (Unlawful Detainer) Empty Re: Ejectment (Unlawful Detainer) Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:30 pm

attyLLL

oh, a lapse in draftsmanship. there are possible remedies, but the best I can think of is filing a case for reformation of the agreement, or renunciation. another possible remedy is to file a small claims case for enforcement of the agreement and argue that the rental was meant to be understood to be included and that the rental agreement only affect the portions discussed in the agreement

i cannot imagine the tenant believed that it would be rent free. good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Ejectment (Unlawful Detainer) Empty Re: Ejectment (Unlawful Detainer) Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:25 am

gebalancio

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the opinion. Godspeed... Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum