Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owner is abroad, daughter is selling the property

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

greenlantern_20032002

Arresto Menor

Hi! I just want to ask your advice regarding buying real estate property. It is my first time to engage in real estate transaction.. so please bear with me...I found a property online and I personally visited the property. I haven't asked for a copy of the TCT yet. My concern is the owner of the property is abroad and I only meet the daughter. I have read in other forums to avoid dealing with SPAs but in this case, I don't have any choice. How can I make sure that the owner is really selling the property? Should I ask for a consularized Special Power of Attorney? What other documents should I ask from the daughter-seller? Maraming Salamat!

attyLLL

identification cards, get a cert true copy of the title, bring the owner's duplicate to the RD so they will determine it is real, go to the property and interview anyone who is staying there, ask neighbors

ask that the SPA be first annotated on the owner's duplicate before entering into deed of sale.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua

ask that the SPA be first annotated on the owner's duplicate before entering into deed of sale.[u] - this is a very good advice from Atty LLL. i will take note of this for future use.

in addition, you may also FOR a new SPA with a red ribbon from the EMBASSY. you should be aware that securing a document like an spa from a lawyer is very easy. you might be fooled into thinking that it was the real owner who signed the said SPA. i have clients that have been fooled with a fake SPA, or spa which were signed not by the real owners and notarized by an unsespecting and negligent lawyers.

greenlantern_20032002

Arresto Menor

thank you for the good advice.. can you elaborate a little bit on ask that the SPA be first annotated on the owner's duplicate before entering into deed of sale.. does it mean the representative here in the Philippines go to the register of deeds and have an annotation that a SPA would be used... I apologize for my ignorance Smile

attyLLL

yes, that is correct. the SPA and the Original Owner's duplicate is brought to the Registry of Deeds

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum