Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adoption

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Adoption       Empty Adoption Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:52 am

apolpie

Arresto Menor

I am a single mom with 2 kids, my children carries my boyfriend's last name. My mother would like to adopt them, is it necessary for their father to sign the adoption papers? Or not since we are never married?

Please advise. Thanks.

2Adoption       Empty Re: Adoption Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:30 pm

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes. If the biological parents are still living, they would have to execute a joint affidavit of consent to the adoption.

3Adoption       Empty Re: Adoption Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:39 pm

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Nowadays, married or not the children are allowed to use their fathers surname. You will have to approached him on this as it can give you trouble later on.
Why would your mother adopt them anyway? they will turned out like your siblings in the end! a bit awkward don't you think? Shocked sometimes we do things without thinking the consequences. Why would you make your kids life more complicated? being a single mother is not something to be ashamed, you are doing all the hard work alone for your children. They will be proud of you when they grow up, better to keep life simplier!

apolpie wrote:I am a single mom with 2 kids, my children carries my boyfriend's last name. My mother would like to adopt them, is it necessary for their father to sign the adoption papers? Or not since we are never married?

Please advise. Thanks.

4Adoption       Empty Re: Adoption Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:00 am

apolpie

Arresto Menor

I am unable to contact the father. I don't know of his whereabouts. Sad

My mom would be adopting my children so she can bring her to the US. We had a petition but it would take years for it to be approved. We are just looking for another option. Thanks.

5Adoption       Empty Re: Adoption Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:19 pm

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Hi! are you married to the father of your children?
To petition relatives in the USA you have to be a close relatives like mother & father, children, siblings, and grand-childrens. If you are married then your husband can be petition as well but if not and you are single mom then your mother are more likely to bring you and your children together for petition. So why worry about changing your children's name? When it is easier for her to get you and your children if you are not married. Get a clear advice on this, you may be hearing something else that's why you worry too much... Good luck! Very Happy

apolpie wrote:I am unable to contact the father. I don't know of his whereabouts. Sad

My mom would be adopting my children so she can bring her to the US. We had a petition but it would take years for it to be approved. We are just looking for another option. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum