Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kid's adoption

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kid's adoption Empty Kid's adoption Mon May 09, 2011 12:16 pm

librasinglemom

Arresto Menor

Good day! I have a kid out of wedlock his 4yrs old. The father of my kid signed the birth cert although there was no financial support from the bio-dad (actually sometimes he gave support but most of the time he don't, anyway that's not what I'm after as he also have a family of his own now). My question is can my present partner adopt my kid? If so, how are we going to do it? Do we need to asked permission from the bio-dad?? (we don't have communication with the bio dad if we had it so minimal)

what if we did not asked the permission of the bio-dad can he file a case against us??

please enlighten... thanks

2Kid's adoption Empty Re: Kid's adoption Mon May 09, 2011 2:51 pm

attyLLL

yes, the proper process is adoption. you should try to get the consent because it will make the process easier. if not possible, then you have to prove abandonment.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Kid's adoption Empty Re: Kid's adoption Tue May 10, 2011 10:35 am

librasinglemom

Arresto Menor

thanks for the info..

what if there's no agreed financial support from the bio-dad can this be ground for abandonment?? (his parents gave me money once in a while).

4Kid's adoption Empty Re: Kid's adoption Wed May 11, 2011 12:13 am

attyLLL

no communication, no support, yes these are badges of abandonment.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Kid's adoption Empty Re: Kid's adoption Wed May 11, 2011 10:54 am

librasinglemom

Arresto Menor

thanks again for this information Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum