Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID?

+49
concepab
Poleng
kyme207
mjtanya11
attyjoyce
soulessraigne
gerald_dml
vtc_e
meebelle1110
sariya
Aristotle
mathematicallychallenged
Katrina288
Amara
vienkeilah@gmail.com
kangkongkarnitz
Josephgar0114
gel
heaven7
AWV
Cerbos1121
Kred06
nivla
MamiGee
attyesc
housekeeping
ervp1978
rdpalomo
ASHLEY-YU
anejz
lachika_05
Richelle Joy
caleb62
MuGzzy Dyle
ibonidarna
bessy_08
nathanmichaels
Shanen06
anthony martin molina
sade
adel.villafuerte
sadamra
maricel0224
karen75
dakukai22
trevrontang@gmail.com
happyalready
attyLLL
wannabuy6178
53 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:21 pm

Poleng

Arresto Menor

Thank you for replying concepab! Honestly po, we've been planning to get married there because we are hoping it will not be recognized anywhere (in the philippines and canada) but in singapore. Unless we file it on the philippine embassy there. I am applying for a work permit and for a permanent redidency after but i will be declaring "single" for my civil status kasi sabi nila it's faster to process pag single ka lang.

Is it possible for me to do that? Hoping you could reply to me again and someone will share an advice. Thank uo!

102MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Poleng

Arresto Menor

The work permit and permanent residency application will be in Canada po

103MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:41 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Poleng wrote:Thank you for replying concepab! Honestly po, we've been planning to get married there because we are hoping it will not be recognized anywhere (in the philippines and canada) but in singapore. Unless we file it on the philippine embassy there. I am applying for a work permit and for a permanent redidency after but i will be declaring "single" for my civil status kasi sabi nila it's faster to process pag single ka lang.

Is it possible for me to do that? Hoping you could reply to me again and someone will share an advice. Thank uo!

Your marriage will be recognized and valid around the world the minute you submitted it to the Philippine embassy. Don't they require CENOMAR before marrying under Singapore law? Or you are avoiding to have it recorded in the Philippines because you are already married there? 10 years ago its possible but with the new technology, anything you enter in the system nowadays will be recorded and can be easily find anywhere else in the world.

Declaring single on your residency application is not a good idea! If your permanent residency got approved, you will later on have problem petitioning your spouse to join you as this will only mean that you have misinformed the immigration of your true status and it is falsification if you are already married and declared single. Your petition to your wife will be later on declined if you do this strategy. Everything is processed electronically nowadays, so it will not be difficult for them to verify your previous application and you can't marry the same person twice if you are thinking of remarrying her again later on!

104MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:06 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

Poleng wrote:Thank you for replying concepab! Honestly po, we've been planning to get married there because we are hoping it will not be recognized anywhere (in the philippines and canada) but in singapore. Unless we file it on the philippine embassy there. I am applying for a work permit and for a permanent redidency after but i will be declaring "single" for my civil status kasi sabi nila it's faster to process pag single ka lang.

MAgpapakasal kayo and then made-declare ng single status for the application?

Bakit hindi pa sa Pilipinas kayo magpa-kasal para iwas ang hassle?

105MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

kyme207 wrote:
Katrina288 wrote:
kyme207 wrote:Good day po.

Pinapatanong po ng tito ko.

Ung tito ko po Canadian citizen tapos po naging dual citizen po sya dahil sa dual citizenship law. Nag divorce po sila ng asawa nya yung asawa nya po ang nag file ng divorce na Filipino citizen pa nung na grant yung divorce nila.

May bisa pa po ba ang kasal nila sa Pilipinas with respect sa tito ko? May epekto po ba ang dual citizenship law sa kanya? What if gusto nya po ipawalang bisa ang kasal nila? Ano po gagawin nya?

Salamat po.

Hi,

Dahil Filipino citizen pa ang asawa ng tito mo at the time na nag file siya ng application at nung na-approve yung divorce, kasal pa rin sila dito sa Pilipinas.

Kung mayroong valid grounds ang tito mo, pwede siya magfile ng annulment.

Kahit po Canadian citizen na sya pag divorce nila?

Yes, kahit na canadian citizen na ang uncle mo kasi hindi naman siya ang nag-apply ng divorce. Kung siya sana nag-apply ng divorce, recognized yung divorce nila dito sa Philippines.

Pero dahil sa yung ex-wife niya ang nagfile ng application for divorce (na Filipino citizen at the time na nagfile), hindi marerecognize dito sa Pilipinas ang divorce nila.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

106MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:24 pm

Poleng

Arresto Menor

Thanks again for replying!

Yes, magpapakasal kame pero plano ko ideclare sa applications na single pa ako kahit sa work permit lang. Natatakot kasi ako sabihin sa employer ko na i'm getting married. Baka kasi magkaproblema. Kaya hindi kame sa pinas magpapakasal, dahil ayaw pa sana namen marecognize anywhere else yung kasal namen except sa singapore. Kasi need pa daw na magfile sa philippine embassy para maforward and marecord sya sa pinas. And plano sana namen gawin yun after 2 years, pag magaapply na ako ng permanent residency para madeclare ko na yung married status.

Hoping for your reply again!

107MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Poleng

Arresto Menor

Thank you for replying AWV!

Honestly, yes. I was avoiding to have it recorded in the Philippines and hoping that it would not be recognized anywhere but in Singapore by not submitting to thr Philippine embassy. I am not married anywhere else. I am about to apply my working permit and permanent residency after 2 years and i was thinking of declaring a "single" status on my applications because they say it would be more faster to process. But we really do wanted to get married! And i've been thinking also if it's possible to submit our marriage licences to the Philippine embassy after 2 years before applying for my permanent residency (if it's really impossible to hide it from the canadian immigration) so i can declare that i'm already married. But i will still be declaring "single" status in my work permit. And Singapore law does not require a CENOMAR, only passports

I hope to get a response from you again! Really need an advice!

108MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:37 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Answered your questions on another post. No need to declare single, single or married upon application of your visa it not an issue after all! in fact it will be easier for you to petition him when you get your residence approved.

109MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:16 pm

kyme207

Arresto Menor

Thank you, Attorney. Sana pala sya na lang ang nag file.

110MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:49 pm

Poleng

Arresto Menor

by Poleng Yesterday at 5:44 pm
Hi again! Currently, me & my fiancè have plans to get married this march (thanks again for those who adviced me). And... My problem now is, after the wedding, pwede ko pa din ba muna gamitin yung maiden name ko but when it comes to civil status, married na ang ilalagay ko. Dahil lahat ng documents ko, hindi pa updated with my married name. What if, magaapply ako ng visa pero hindi pa naman updated passport ko and other id's? HELP PLEASE!

111MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:04 am

beb87

Arresto Menor

Hi attorney! I do appreciate your blog as it's really informative. You've been helping a lot. I really need your assistance concerning my marriage and my children. I'll be turning 29 this year, mom of three wonderful girls (5 yrs old, 3 & almost a year old). I'm employed, been married for almost 5 years now but i separated from my husband just recently (not legally separated) due to him physically hurting and sexually abusing me since i was just pregnant with our eldest daughter. He hasn't had any regular job. He's some showband vocalist who earns an average Php 500-700 per gig, ave 4 times a week. I need him to help me in supporting the kids. With his kind of job, will i be able to get financial support from him for our kids? If so, how much will It be, any approximate figure?

Regarding our marriage, i have two medico legal documents that can prove he hurt me physically. All other assaults werent documented coz i didnt get the chances to get medico legal then. I also have his messages acusing me of infidelity, using drugs and threatened me. These i never did. Also, some of his messages, he admitted he did hurt me. In some he admitted he verbally abused and threatend me just because he lost control and he's drunk. Will these be enough proofs of him abusing me and for me to file claim of custody of my children?

Also, our marriage certificate submited to the registry and nso is not the same contract we signed when we got married. Those are not our signatures on it, they just got forged as it was filed late by the church or pastor who married us. We dont have the physical same contract we signed. Will it be enough ground for the nullity of our marriage? How long will it take to void the marriage?

Moreover, since we started our relationship, it's always me who pays for all the bills and shares more to support the kids since he wouldnt wanna get a regular job. Is that enough to file economic abuse?

My husband doesnt have any properties. He lives with his relatives in an area where squatters are. Neither could his biological parents give any financial help. What are the things i need to do to make sure my children will get financial support from their father?

For custody, my kids are with my family in the province and im here in the metro working to support them. Im planning to go abroad for better income. I believe it cant be considered abandonment. Please let me know how i can assure ill have the complete custody of my children.

Thank you so much attorney. Your response will be very much appreciated. More power!

112MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:11 pm

princess101

Arresto Menor

Hi!
I was wondering if you can even advise if I can file my marriage null and void.
I was married last June 15 2012. It was just a civil marriage. When we went to the city municipality, me and my so called husband declared that we are already living together for 5 years because; first, I am already pregnant and because he didn't want to attend the seminar because it should be scheduled and we don't have enough time to attend one.

And so the marriage was solemnized without the marriage license because of the reason above. After a few months of marriage, we got some issues leading to me realizing that he was just going for the baby. We argue and at some point of all the argument he always tells me that he can take my baby whenever he wants. His father died after a few weeks, little by little he take his personal things with him when he go to their house. Until November 2012 he seldom go home in our house. December 2012, when I was at work, he tried to take our baby with him without my permission. My sister and Mother went after him and it lead to a 2 block chase with him. My sister was really scared and I got scared to that we ended our 5 months of marriage.

He is now not giving any support to my son and we never see each other since 2012. I was wondering if I can file our marriage null and void since we did not had a marriage license in the first place.

Our marriage cert is already available in NSO and a lot tells me that I cannot file null and void anymore because of this.

Can you please at least advise.

Thanks in advance.

113MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:44 am

etsantos

Arresto Menor

Sir

Good Day!

Will Marriage be nulled if ever the other party (spouse) already has a new live in partner and already have children, the husband and wife has been married since 2005 but unfortunately the wife had an affair on 2007 and have come to the point that she preferred to live with the other man on 2009 rather than her husband. It already has been 7 years since their last communication.

How will the marriage be void will this situation be considered as a valid reason for the nullification of marriage, and what steps should the couple take to have their lives be officially separated.

Thanks in advance

114MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? - Page 5 Empty Re: MARRIAGE-NULL/VOID? Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:58 pm

concernedcitizen23

Arresto Menor

anthony martin molina wrote:I was married to someone who falsified her birth certificate and did not have the consent of her parent. her aunt signed the papers for marriage license because we where under aged. it is possible that she is not of legal age when it happened.can this stand in court for the marriage to be void?

hi po atty.,

i have a friend with the same situation, but in this case the guy is the one who falsified the document. yung kaibigan kong babae nag pakasal sya sa lalaki na mali ang ibigay na apilyedo sa marriage certificate nila. now po nag abroad yung lalake and sad to say my ibang ka live-in, and pinapamukha nya sa kaibigan ko na hindi sila kasal(daw). how is this possible po dahil nakikita po sa nso ang kasal nila. now gusto po ipa void ng kaibigan ko ang kasal nila. how to do this po? dahil hindi po nya alam ang gagawin nya at limited lang po resources nya(budjet) dahil my tatlo po syang anak dun sa lalake. salamat po ng marami.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum