Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I have my husband imprisoned and for what grounds?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

betrayed_wife

Arresto Menor

My husband and I get married in civil court Dec 13, 2007 and filed the licence on that same day.so in our marriage contract we are officially married Jan 3, 2008 but we did not live together then. We decided to get married in a catholic church submitting all necessary requirement asked by the church last Aug 22,2009. As we live together i learned my husband has previous marriages because the 4th wife made a scene about it. BTw,the 4th wife is claiming with evidences that during our marriage she still sends money to our husband. The marriages are dated 1997, 2001,2003 and 2006 with different women were it is all Article 36 and they didn't live together prior to the marriages.We checked NSO and indeed all marriages were registered the first, second and third wives has a life of their own and the first wife has filled an annulment.

Now my parents did not approve of us living together knowing this (btw, we are of legal age) so we separate ways but we often see each other knowing we have a child together and people know of that we are married. Now after a year of not living together under 1 roof with constant communication and we still see each other sometimes together with the baby. i learned that my husband has been seen around with another women lately.

Now my question is can do i have the right to file a case to him and have him imprisoned given that i am just the 5th wife and on what grounds? my husband is boasting that the 4th wife can't have him imprisoned.

Another thing atty.is it possible for a 5th wife to asked for child support from my husband?

Please enlighten me. Thank you in advance.

rollie002

Arresto Mayor

you can file a petition for child support

attyLLL

were all the marriages annulled? the marriage certificates were all annotated with the judicial decision before you got married? if not, you can file a case of bigamy.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

betrayed_wife

Arresto Menor

Nope not all marriages were annulled. is it bigamy case how about polygamy? so when you get a CENOMAR under his name all marriages including mine appears.

attyLLL

several counts of bigamy then for each unlawful marriage. there is no crime defined as polygamy.

betrayed_wife

Arresto Menor

Thanks attyLL. btw, if he is with a relationship with another woman now that he firmly denies, can the woman be charged with concubinage?

betrayed_wife

Arresto Menor

BTw, atty. I have another question. He said the 4th wife filed for nullity of marriages for all the unlawful marriages is it possible? and what if the annulment is already granted with the first wife and he marries with another woman without having the void marries unvoided will it legal?

attyLLL

if there is evidence despite his denial, then the woman can be charged.

if not all the marriage certificates are annotated void before he got married again, it is still bigamy.

betrayed_wife

Arresto Menor

Thanks atty. according to a source my husband got married again with out other marriages annotated. His recent marriage is still void right? I don't know were he stays now and if i file a bigamy case how will they be able to pick him up? Another thing, if I ask NBI to do surveillance will there be a fee?

Need your help. Thanks

attyLLL

allege his address on the marriage certificate. at nbi, they shouldn't ask you for money, but i doubt if they will conduct surveillance over a bigamy case.

betrayed_wife

Arresto Menor

Thanks atty, my husband now is living with the woman and he is jobless he let the woman support him. I have made up my mind to file a case. will this cases be legitimate:

1. to the husband - multiple charges of bigamy
2. to the woman - adultery or concubinage? i am at lost do i have the right to file a case against her either of this since I ma just a 5th wife?

Please help so that i will be able to go the hall of justice and seek the fiscals help on this. I don't have money to spend for this but i was advice that the fiscal can also act as my lawyer and it will not cost a lot. Thanks gain.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum