Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Imprisoned husband

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Imprisoned husband Empty Imprisoned husband Wed May 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Milaveloso

Arresto Menor

Can i seek legal assistance for my husband who's been imprisoned for almost 25 years with a single life sentence.

He has colonist status which classifies him as a class A inmate. Just like rolito Go, with colonist status who won habeas corpuz as he won it at supreme court..

May I know how long do proceedings of habeas corpuz?

2Imprisoned husband Empty Re: Imprisoned husband Wed May 24, 2017 5:13 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Was your husband's sentence commuted by the President of the Republic of the Philippines?

3Imprisoned husband Empty Re: Imprisoned husband Wed May 24, 2017 5:29 pm

Milaveloso

Arresto Menor

Yes. It was signed last june 3 2010 by Ex president Gloria arroyo.

4Imprisoned husband Empty Re: Imprisoned husband Wed May 24, 2017 5:52 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

How long exactly has your husband been in prison? The automatic reduction of the sentence is a minimum of 30 years. You said 25. You have to add to that the time he spent in preventive imprisonment, and the allowance for good conduct. If your husband reaches the 30 years minimum he is eligible.

Consult a lawyer where you are to draft the petition. If you are indigent you could ask assistance from the Public Attorney's Office.

5Imprisoned husband Empty Re: Imprisoned husband Wed May 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Milaveloso

Arresto Menor

Yes sir. 25 years plus synopsis of prison record. Time served with earned GCTA. 32 years 4 months and 25 days.

6Imprisoned husband Empty Re: Imprisoned husband Wed May 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Then your husband is eligible to be released. Have a lawyer file the petition for habeas corpus on his behalf.

As to the length of time it takes, that is dependent on so many factors.

7Imprisoned husband Empty Re: Imprisoned husband Wed May 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Milaveloso

Arresto Menor

Okay. Thank you Sir/Mam. God Bless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum