Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Training schedule

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Training schedule Empty Training schedule Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:27 pm

fundylarky

Arresto Menor

Hi I'm currently undergoing training.  The trainer usually gives me instructions on MWF on what to do during T TH S.  I was absent today because of some personal errands.  When i called they said not to report tomorrow since the trainer hasn't given me instructions on what to do tomorrow and instead just come to work on friday.  Tama po ba yun?

2Training schedule Empty Re: Training schedule Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:15 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

It depends on the contract you have with them.

Have you talked to the HR regarding the matter? Have you checked with other employees if that is normal? Have you checked your employee handbook if such is a repercussion of your absence?

As per your facts, nothing stands out that seems violative of labor standards or any labor-related laws that we have.

3Training schedule Empty Re: Training schedule Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:59 am

fundylarky

Arresto Menor

Have you talked to the HR regarding the matter?

Yes, they replied that it will just be a waste of time and salary if i show up for work since i wouldnt know what to do dahil hindi ako nabigyan ng instructions.

Have you checked with other employees if that is normal? yes they said they have no experience in the matter as they have not been absent during the "instruction" day

Have you checked your employee handbook if such is a repercussion of your absence?

It is silent on this matter

As per your facts, nothing stands out that seems violative of labor standards or any labor-related laws that we have.
I just find it irregular that they can just tell me not to report to work if i am available. But my knowledge on what is allowable or not is very limited, hence my inquiry

4Training schedule Empty Re: Training schedule Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

The main problem in this scenario is that your scope of support as to what you should do for work is unclear, and your role on the company seems to be on an "on-call" basis wherein you receive instructions from your superior as to what you need to do for work.

Were there other means on how to get instructions from what you should do? Have you contacted your superior to get the instructions that you missed during your absence? Did you sign an employment contract with the company? Was your absence made in due process with the company policies, like informing your superiors on your absence and presenting a medical certificate upon return (if necessary)?

You should call the DOLE hotline number and seek legal advice from their officials regarding your matter.

5Training schedule Empty Re: Training schedule Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:20 pm

fundylarky

Arresto Menor

The main problem in this scenario is that your scope of support as to what you should do for work is unclear, and your role on the company seems to be on an "on-call" basis wherein you receive instructions from your superior as to what you need to do for work. - I think you misunderstood. I'm am still being trained so im not really doing any work. Its the training practices and exercises that i need instructions on.

Were there other means on how to get instructions from what you should do? no, only from that specific instructor as he is the only one who is aware of what i should do ( in terms of my progress and what has already been taught)

Have you contacted your superior to get the instructions that you missed during your absence? i don't really have direct supervisors as of the moment just the instructor.

Did you sign an employment contract with the company? yes

Was your absence made in due process with the company policies, like informing your superiors on your absence and presenting a medical certificate upon return (if necessary)? No, as i said i had personal errands to run and was not sick

You should call the DOLE hotline number and seek legal advice from their officials regarding your matter.
thanks i will try this

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum