Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Training Bond Problem: Where do I stand if the company cannot provide for a training receipt?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

angel_sara

Arresto Menor

Hi to All!

I would like to seek advise regarding my training bond problem.

I am currently under a training bond. The contract states that I have to complete 18 months tenure with the company otherwise, I have to pay the full amount of the training cost(php 200k+).

Recently, I have decided to leave the company to transfer to Company2. Company2 is willing to pay for my bond at Company1 but they need the official training receipt as reference. I believe that the demand for the training receipt is only reasonable since it involves a great amount of money.

The effective date of my resignation is only two weeks away and my boss has not yet approved my resignation letter. When I asked about the training receipt, the hiring manager told me that I may not be able to get a copy of it, and she also said that the training contract itself is a basis already for the payment.

I would like to know if I have a legal right to demand for the receipt? Also, what happens if they will not be able to give me a training receipt? I really need the receipt. What if Company1 did not really pay for the training?

Please help me.

attyLLL

if you gave 30 day notice, your resignation letter doesn't have to be approved.

you can't expect a receipt because there was no purchase. bond is supposed to be liquidated damages for your leaving.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

angel_sara

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:if you gave 30 day notice, your resignation letter doesn't have to be approved.

you can't expect a receipt because there was no purchase. bond is supposed to be liquidated damages for your leaving.

Sir ang nakalagay po sa contract ay ganto "as a payment for the XXXX training". hindi po ba considered na purchase ang pagbabayad nila sa third party na nagconduct ng training? at di po ba kapag sa mga ganyan na training na nagbabayad ang company sa third party, may mga receipts po sila dapat.

Ask ko din po, san po banda sa labor code dinidiscuss ang about sa mga training bonds?

Salamat po.

attyLLL

there's nothing in the labor code about training bonds. you can search the previous discussions here.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

angel_sara

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:if you gave 30 day notice, your resignation letter doesn't have to be approved.

Hello po.
I was able to get a copy of the training receipt amounting to 25k for ten students. Ang nakalagay po sa training bond ko is 4+k usd. Pero pag icocompute po kasi 25k/10 = 2.5k usd lang po dapat. May right po ba akong ipaalign ang binding cost sa actual na training cost?
Please help.

Salamat po

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum