Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Re hiring a laid off employee

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Re hiring a laid off employee Empty Re hiring a laid off employee Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:47 pm

winstonlicos

Arresto Menor

Good day. Ask ko lang if possible i re hire and isang laid off employee? Yung details ng pag lay off were:

1) Nag install ang company ng cost saving measure to prevent further losses. From about 50 personnel down to 20 personnel.
2) Yung laid off employee was informed accordingly and nabayaran din siya more than the law requires. Kumbaga amicable yung pag separate niya with the company.
3) Na lay off yung employee March 2018. So 7 months na siya wala sa company as of this writing.
4) Ang tenure niya sa company was about 3 yrs. with the laest position, Supervisor, prior sa lay off.

If walang naka stipulate sa company book about re hiring, may ruling po ba ang DOLE? Your advice is highly appreciated. More power and thank you.

2Re hiring a laid off employee Empty Re: Re hiring a laid off employee Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:14 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

As far as I know, there is neither a law nor a DOLE order prohibiting the re-hiring of employees who were laid off previously due to legal reasons.

You should double-check with DOLE just to make sure. They have a hotline that you can call.

Good luck.

3Re hiring a laid off employee Empty Re: Re hiring a laid off employee Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:22 pm

winstonlicos

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the prompt reply. And yes, I just might check with DOLE.

4Re hiring a laid off employee Empty Re: Re hiring a laid off employee Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:25 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

When you call, make sure to get the name of the official that you get to speak with so that you can use her statements as basis whenever you are citing their official answer with regards to your query. It will also help in making sure that they give you correct information, lest they be held liable for incompetency and gross negligence.

Good luck.

5Re hiring a laid off employee Empty Re: Re hiring a laid off employee Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:16 pm

winstonlicos

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the advice. Will do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum