Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

retrenched/laid-off/re-hire inquiry

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1retrenched/laid-off/re-hire inquiry Empty retrenched/laid-off/re-hire inquiry Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:03 pm

cruzades

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I would like to inquire about a situation that I'm having right now, I was laid-off by our employer. They gave my separation pay that with accordance with the law.

However, I was contacted by HR Department and asking me to return to work (re-hire) but they offer me a consultancy contract to do what I'm doing as a regular employee.

They said that they need to wait for 60days more to resume my tenureship and my position as regular employee, and within that 60days they settling me as a consultant.

My query is, is it legal? or they do a work-around to me for something else that will jeopardize my rights?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Last edited by cruzades on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

2retrenched/laid-off/re-hire inquiry Empty Re: retrenched/laid-off/re-hire inquiry Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:04 pm

attyLLL

imo, if they fired you and then tried to re-hire you as a consultant, then there was illegal dismissal because there was no valid retrenchment or redundancy in the first place.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3retrenched/laid-off/re-hire inquiry Empty Re: retrenched/laid-off/re-hire inquiry Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:21 pm

cruzades

Arresto Menor

Hi attyLLL,

I've just emailed you same day as my post above, thanks for replying here.

What will I do now, I've signed the contract already and no disclaimer stipulated on the contract, so meaning to say.. the contract that I've signed will be a proof to them that they dismiised me illegaly?

Thanks again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum