Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floating but still hiring

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Floating but still hiring Empty Floating but still hiring Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:21 am

Agderpole

Arresto Menor

Hello,

Just want to get a free legal advise about our current situation. We are BPO employees and the account that we have been providing support for already ends its contract with the company. The company or employer will be placing us on floating status or temporary layoff for 6 months without pay. Which is unfair because it is not our fault that the client chooses to in-house their IT needs.

We are one level higher than the regular agent or we are L2. The options that where given to us are as follows.

1. Go back to L1 but the allowances will be removed ( demotion )
2. Apply to another site as L2 but we need to resign first because they claimed the other site as a separate legal entity even though they are using one name ( tenure will be retain but contract will be change loosing some of the benefits )

We just want to know if we can file a case against the options that we're given to us.

Thank you in advance and God Bless

2Floating but still hiring Empty Re: Floating but still hiring Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:31 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

L2 are given allowances because they are more experienced that L1. The allowances are attached to the level or position. IMO it's not a demotion.

You can file a case as it is your right, but you might not win.

It's not the company's fault also that their client pulled out. And it is still doing all it can to find jobs for you.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Floating but still hiring Empty Re: Floating but still hiring Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:48 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

you have to wait 6 months, if after that the company still does not reinstate you, if not and they don't give you separation pay. then you can file a complaint. But if you find employment anywhere else in those six months, you will nonlonger be eligible for separation pay. if you file a complaint before that, the arbiter will simply tell you to come back in 6 months

4Floating but still hiring Empty Re: Floating but still hiring Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:11 am

Agderpole

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the prompt response. Just want to add that most of the L2 employees are already with the company for more than a decade or so we think that they are using this options to get rid of us so that we can immediately resign and not be entitled to the separation pay because no employee can wait for 6 months without pay unless you have a huge amount of savings to cover it. Is there a way to speed things up to force them give our separation pay without waiting for the 6 month period? Thank you again and God bless to all of you.

5Floating but still hiring Empty Re: Floating but still hiring Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:40 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

nothing you can do. you might want to ask them for a compromise. maybe consider a smaller amount.

i would consider #2 "apply to another site" . 6 months is a long time without any income

6Floating but still hiring Empty Re: Floating but still hiring Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Agderpole

Arresto Menor

Ok thank you for the advises. It seems like the current law that we have right now is in favor of employers only. I hope that congress will amend or at least lower down the number of months of floating status in the labor law because 6 mos of no income is no joke but a threat to our way of living.

7Floating but still hiring Empty Re: Floating but still hiring Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:01 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yeah i agree but sa US generally walang separation pay. sometimes we have to be thankful with what we have rather than complain about what we don't have.

that being said i would love it if congress passes a separation pay for all situations. kahit sana ikaw ang mag resign meron na din. para wala ng pagtalunan

8Floating but still hiring Empty Re: Floating but still hiring Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 am

zc968903@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

😂😂😂 mis conception about being a bpo employee L1 L2 L3 Tier1 Tier2 Tier3 it doesnt matter job classification still is Rank in File. as i've been in the industry before the company has the right to move you from one point to another wether its level up or down or promotion. let me clarify level up or down meaning from one account to be moved to a different Line of Bus. aka dept. so meaning from regular CS to Tech (level up) however from one account to another (Escalation to Cs) level down 😂😂😂 its not unfair but it is what you call reality it happens unless it didnt specify on your contract that you should be amenable to sudden changes then you can complain.about the floating status it happens as well the reason why you are on floating status even though they are still hiring is because of cost cutting (do i need to specify it) almost forgot being a part of Higher level doesn entitles you fully to keep "LOB bonus aka allowance" of im correct its just an adendum (please correct me with the spelling) meaning its specificly being offer to specific job/ranks etc... but it can be taken away anytime. the only things thats is not legal is if you ate a supervisor/manager and they place you back as an agent or they lowered your (basic + allowance)pay which is not allowed , as it stated above yeah life sucks just wait 6 months unpaid or take one step forward look for another company like what i did 😂😂😂

9Floating but still hiring Empty Re: Floating but still hiring Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Agderpole

Arresto Menor

well good for you zc968903. The reason why this problem always happen in this kind of industry is because people like you tolerate this kind of practices even though you know your employer already cause you enough damages. What im pointing out here is our right to job security and the motive to put an employee on floating status for 6 months without pay. We are promoted employees and undergone a strict process of selection and not just simply handpicked. You can throw all the technicalities and BS on me. but someone has to do something about it to avoid it from happening to other people you see , " the only thing necessary for the triump of evil is that good men to do nothing" :

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum