Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need some Legal Advice

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need some Legal Advice Empty Need some Legal Advice Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:50 pm

Squishy0430

Arresto Menor

My brother had a car accident and was his 1st ever and hopefully his last. The other party was asking for a sum of 700k as a settlement or else they will sue my brother. My brother is jobless and was just using our family car at that time. We don't know where to get that huge amount. Is that amount justifiable? Cause I dont think so.

In addition, the other party's car is under the name of his company and aleggedly being assummed by the driver. So it is considered 2nd hand. But the registration is still under his company and no deed of sale was presented. The other party is working under a networking company as an agent.

He was asking 700k for personnal damages separately even though the car he's driving has OD TPL etc. We already paid for their check up and hospitalization and there was really no serious injuries. Just few scratches here and there.

Obviously my brother cant pay that 700k since he has no job. What can we do with his case? And what can we do if he files a case against my brother? Is there any way we can reverse it?

2Need some Legal Advice Empty Re: Need some Legal Advice Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:05 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You should hire a lawyer who specializes in criminal & civil law and challenge their claim for settlement with a much lower amount that is reasonable. Secure also a copy of the police report regarding the vehicular accident, since that will be an important evidence in determining liability and amount of compensation.

It will be a battle of evidences to see if the amount of P700k is reasonable as compensation for damages, if the situation will reach the courts and depending on the case that will be filed by the other party.

Good luck.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum