Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paying amilyar (land tax)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paying amilyar (land tax) Empty Paying amilyar (land tax) Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:31 am

Raul Bermejo

Arresto Menor

Hello
We have a farm land inherited from our deceased parents,
Before they gone they paid all the taxes.My brother is looking after this farm land now but he did not pay the tax since our parents died.

This land has no title. Our parents bought this land long time ago.

My question is: its right to pay the land tax even though there is no title?

2Paying amilyar (land tax) Empty Re: Paying amilyar (land tax) Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:08 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

What is your proof that your parents bought the land? Was there at least a deed of sale?

You should have your land registered under the registry of deeds at the soonest time possible.

Yes, paying real property taxes is indispensable for a land owner, even if the land is untitled. As long as your brother has proof that he is the acting owner of the land, he must pay the real property tax, or else he will pay penalties for non-payment of such.

3Paying amilyar (land tax) Empty Re: Paying amilyar (land tax) Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Raul Bermejo

Arresto Menor

They bought the land longtime ago there was no deed of sale.
The only proof that they bought the land is a declaration. This is the only document that they have.

IS THE LAND DECLARATION ENOUGH AS PROOF TO PAY THE TAX?

Thank you so much for your acknowledgment. Very much appreciated..

Thank you.

4Paying amilyar (land tax) Empty Re: Paying amilyar (land tax) Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:12 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

I am not sure if a land declaration is enough to prove that your parents owned the land.

In order to get more authoritative answers, you may need to consult a lawyer who is an expert in property registration laws.

I apologize, but I believe this is beyond my meager knowledge.

5Paying amilyar (land tax) Empty Re: Paying amilyar (land tax) Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Raul Bermejo

Arresto Menor

I will do so, thank you.

Best regards

6Paying amilyar (land tax) Empty Re: Paying amilyar (land tax) Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:13 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Raul Bermejo wrote:I will do so, thank you.

Best regards

You're welcome.

I am sorry if I wasn't that helpful in your case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum