Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is punitive and preventive suspension the same in the sense that the suspended employee after suspension returns to the job or its level?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

xhande missie

Arresto Menor

Good day Iam a private school teacher where in i reprimanded my student who was shouting inside the room and when she made faces on me I was able to say if you can do that to your parents not to me at masapak kita...Then after that as per the principal the student's parent went to school but I was not there. Then she just ask me to submit a written explanation to the guidance counselor. After such I got a notice that Iam suspended for 3 days and is no longer allowed to teach in SHS and the charge was misconduct. My questions are:
1. Was there a due process when my side was not heard according to their record separate investigation was done to avoid bigger conflict.
2. If a school has no employees manual is it valid that they can decide of the suspension?
3. I was not also given a chance to defend myself since i was not even informed of the charges against me they only rellied on the written explanation.
4. Is preventive and punitive suspension the same in the sense that the employee suspended after suspension should be back to the job or its level?
Thank you. Hope you can help me.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

1. yes. the fact na they asked you to explain is enough
2. yes valid kahit walang manual
3. how did they ask you to explain?
4. no dif yang dalawa

xhande missie

Arresto Menor

the principal only asked me to write a written explanation and thats where they based my side.In what way are they different?does it mean in punitive suspension you will still go back to your job after being suspended? in my case it was not written if its punitive or preventive and also it was only misconduct alone that was on the suspension letter.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

punitive means parusa. preventive is more for the protection of the company. preventive is usually while you are under investigation while punitive is after the investigation.
yes pwede na ang wriitten, hindi kelangan na oral ang explanation

xhande missie

Arresto Menor

Hindi po kasi nka spicify if preventive or punitive suspension. Pero pwede pa din po ba if halimbawa punitive after suspension dapat po ba balik sa work ung employee or tama po un na tinanggal na po lahat ng subjects.salamat

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

pwede either way

xhande missie

Arresto Menor

slmat po

xhande missie

Arresto Menor

another question how to file a claim for constructive dismissal?where to file?do i nid to resign first befire i can file for this?tnx

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Go to nlrc. Tell them you want to file for constructive dismissal, they will help you thru the process

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum