Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Training bond

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bond - Training bond Empty Training bond Thu May 10, 2018 12:40 pm

darscute03

Arresto Menor

Hi Team,

I hope that someone can help me here. I just want to ask. What if my employer is asking me to pay for th training bond before I can get my COE and ITR. I consulted DOLE and talked to their supervisor and he mentioned that Training bond is illegal as it is not permitted by DOLE sice there is no declaration that collectibles are allowed to get from the employee upon resigning, since their is no one who can predict how long the employee can stay. I resigned and they permitted it and completed the process. I also have my clearance signed by hr, they suddenly called me to say that I need to pay for the training bond to proceed on clearing my status for 25k. I hope someone can help me as I'm really confused at this point.

2bond - Training bond Empty Re: Training bond Thu May 10, 2018 12:57 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Training bond is illegal as it is not permitted by DOLE since there is no declaration that collectibles are allowed to get from the employee upon resigning wrote:
- DOLE also quoted me that deducting from an employee salary is "illegal" when we were discussing deducting from the employee salary to pay for their SSS Loan (specially the last pay of the employee after separation).

thus training bond is not illegal per se. it is the cost of the training that the employer have "advance" to train you on how to do their work in their company. you are required to render No. of days/months/year after the training.

now it is up to you to pay that training bond voluntarily or wait for them to sue you in court. however, until that time, they might not release your final pay and your CoE.

3bond - Training bond Empty Re: Training bond Thu May 10, 2018 12:59 pm

darscute03

Arresto Menor

I see. I wonder why DOLe told me that there is no law that training bond is legal under DOLE.

4bond - Training bond Empty Re: Training bond Thu May 10, 2018 1:55 pm

attyLLL

I agree with DOLe. What you can do if they refuse to pay you your last pay without deducting this bond, you can file a money claim at nlrc or at DOLE

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5bond - Training bond Empty Re: Training bond Thu May 10, 2018 3:01 pm

darscute03

Arresto Menor

What if I don't have money to pay for the training bond and they don't want to release my COE Attylll?

6bond - Training bond Empty Re: Training bond Fri May 11, 2018 7:39 am

attyLLL

sadly, there's no clear legal remedy if a company doesn't want to issue a COE or a clearance. You can file a complaint at dole or nlrc, or inform your new employer of the situation and ask what they will required

7bond - Training bond Empty Re: Training bond Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 am

darscute03

Arresto Menor

I'm not applying to another company as of the moment as I want to clear this one out. I'm just confused why DOLE wants me to file a case as they mentioned that it is the rights of the employee to get their COE and final pay. And saying that training bond is illegal on their end.

8bond - Training bond Empty Re: Training bond Sat May 12, 2018 8:37 am

attyLLL

it's because they say that requiring you to pay the bond is illegal, and I agree

9bond - Training bond Empty Re: Training bond Sat May 12, 2018 3:42 pm

darscute03

Arresto Menor

Do you think it's best to seek assistance with DOLE in this case? Since it will be hard to get a job without COE and 2316.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum