Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

BIR Open Cases (Business closure)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Empty BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:28 pm

marz2018

Arresto Menor

Hello po, this is a big trouble that a friend of mine is having right now.

He had a business before, duly registered in DTI and BIR. After few years of operation he could not continue it anymore.

He did not file the closure of business in BIR and now he is facing a HUGE amount of penalty! Sad

The amount is so big that it is beyond his capacity multiple times....

Since there has not been any actual business in his case during these past few years, and this can be proven by barangay certification, what would be the most practical/easiest way out of this nightmare? Any chance for exoneration or mitigation?

Please, if you read this and you know something that might help, be generous and share it here. I will mention it to him and God bless you.

Thanks.

2BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Empty Re: BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:14 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

There is a chance the penalty may be reduced into an amount that is payable in accordance with his financial status right now, but your friend has to gather all available evidences necessary that will prove his financial status. Also, he needs to provide a logical reason as to why he failed to file the business closure in BIR. At this point, you may need the help of a tax lawyer to come up with sound strategy on how to lower his payable penalty in BIR.

Good luck.

3BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Empty Re: BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:57 pm

marz2018

Arresto Menor

thepoetsedge wrote:There is a chance the penalty may be reduced into an amount that is payable in accordance with his financial status right now, but your friend has to gather all available evidences necessary that will prove his financial status. Also, he needs to provide a logical reason as to why he failed to file the business closure in BIR. At this point, you may need the help of a tax lawyer to come up with sound strategy on how to lower his payable penalty in BIR.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your advise. I wish this will be achievable for my friend.

He can barely sustain his own and family life now. I do not think that he can even afford 10k for this!
There is one thing he is doing it right now...He said, he was told by someone that if you wait 6 years then all your open cases and penalties will be erased and you are good to go...Sounds unlikely to me, but that is what he is keeping himself hopeful with!

Any chance it could be true? my take is, he is just adding more penalties to his case.
Thank you again.

4BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Empty Re: BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:28 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

I do not know what is the basis of such an allegation, but as far as I know, there is no such thing. The penalties will keep on accruing when time passes, and that will be harder for him to contest and ask for the lowering of said penalty.

It is best if your friend speaks to either a tax lawyer or a BIR representative to know what are his options.

5BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Empty Re: BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Wed May 02, 2018 9:54 am

marz2018

Arresto Menor

thepoetsedge wrote:I do not know what is the basis of such an allegation, but as far as I know, there is no such thing. The penalties will keep on accruing when time passes, and that will be harder for him to contest and ask for the lowering of said penalty.

It is best if your friend speaks to either a tax lawyer or a BIR representative to know what are his options.

Just what I was worried about.

Thank you for your advise and God bless.

6BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Empty Re: BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Thu May 03, 2018 11:06 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

No worries. I am happy to help.

Good luck, and Godspeed.

7BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Empty Re: BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Jhuliette

Arresto Menor

Please read BIR RMO 18, 2017, RMO 7, 2015 for your reference.

Thank you Smile

8BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Empty Tax lawyer Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:45 am

markilag

Arresto Menor

Where can I get a Tax lawyer. I realy need it for my closure of bisiness.

9BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Empty Re: BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:36 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

It depends on where you are located.

ACCRA has a large pool of known tax lawyers in the PH, although their fees are not that affordable from what I have heard.

Check your nearest local IBP chapter and ask your queries there, since they may be able to recommend a good tax lawyer for your case.

10BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Empty BIR Open Case Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:27 pm

paul.cagayan23

Arresto Menor

Hello, I would like to know how to check if I have an existing open case with BIR. Is there a way I can view such a status from BIR website? I don't literally own a business. I am only a freelance online teacher. I'm submitting my tax files and payments online to BIR. I would like to be cautious that I don't accrue open cases on my end while doing a freelance job. Thank you

Last edited by paul.cagayan23 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Details to Query Added)

11BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Empty Re: BIR Open Cases (Business closure) Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:10 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

The best way to know that is to call the BIR office and see how the process goes for your query.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum