Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

BIR OPEN CASES

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BIR OPEN CASES Empty BIR OPEN CASES Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:50 am

Cait

Arresto Menor

Dear pinoylawyer,

We have a family business, an eatery. It was previously under my mother's name as sole proprietor. Last 2016 ownership was changed to partnership. So she asked our bookkeeper to process closure of her TIN/Registration that year. She forgot to follow up on the certificate of closure relying on the bookkeeper to have processed it completely. But the business was continously paying tax returns under the new name/partnership. This year, 2018, she found out she had open cases from 2016-2018. A new bookkeeper is processing for its closure. He said that as per BIR advice, 22k for open cases, and 30k for processing fee. We were shocked and frustrated. BIR lowered it to 15k, they will issue certificate of closure BUT with NO RECEIPT. the other proper way to process it as per BIR advice is to show proof of payment for the open cases, it will be forwarded to cebu/the regional office. And wait for approval. My mother is so stressed, she doesnt want to go through the waiting process because it might take long ang open cases might increase. Should we pay the 15k? I presume it will go to bir officials pockets? Really devastated 😭😭.

My gratitude in advance for replying to my inquiry!

2BIR OPEN CASES Empty Re: BIR OPEN CASES Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:55 pm

attyLLL

as one who hates dealing with BIR, 15K isn't so bad. in the end, it was your mother's responsibility to ensure that the closure was properly filed and approved

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum