Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solo Parent Leave

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Solo Parent Leave Empty Solo Parent Leave Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:53 pm

lin78

Arresto Menor

Hi,

good day!

I am a solo parent due to death of my spouse and has already a solo parent ID. I have enjoyed the privilege of SPL when I was still working in a private sector. Now, i am working in one of the government agencies, may i know if SPL is applicable if my son is studying afar? There are speculations, that chances are my SPL will be denied because of the fact that my child is literally not living under my roof. My son is only 14 years old and since prior of my current employment, i had already enrolled him in the school of our preference which is far from where i am working and living. Living with me here is my youngest 13 yo son.

With this, can SPL be denied because my eldest son is studying far from us? The reason i want to avail is because he has a school activity that he wants me to be there. I have a hard time availing such. Please enlighten and advise me. What are the guidelines that an SPL can be denied? I understand that SPL can also be availed in straight 7days or in a staggered basis as the law provides but can the employer insist to avail it on a straight basis which i do not prefer? Also it has been mentioned that special leave and other leave benefits can only be availed after mandatory leave is consumed. Please help me regarding this matter.

Thank you very much!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum