Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SOLO Parent Act, Solo Parent Leave

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SOLO Parent Act, Solo Parent Leave Empty SOLO Parent Act, Solo Parent Leave Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:11 pm

Winter2014

Arresto Menor

Hi
I am trying to secure SOLO parent ID so I can avail of Solo Parent Leave.  I should leave for US to meet the requirements of the embassy for me and my kids. These are K1 & K2 visas. Meaning I have to be physically in the US to meet this requirements and I am doing all this for the welfare of my kids. Here's my predicament. My company did not allow me to take a leave. I undertand the situation of my company. We are under staff therefore I adjusted my leave requests to 2 weeks and I am willing to train a colleague who can back up my tasks in absence but It was still rejected. Now, I thought I secure a SOLO parent ID and use my rights and take 1 week leave to fullfill embassy requirements. As I have mentioned,this is for the welfare of my kids. This is a visa requirements for my kids. Therefore, as per Solo Parent Act, “Parental leave” means leave benefits granted to a solo parent to enable him/her to perform parental duties and responsibilities where physical presence is required.It is my “parental responsibility” to represent my children in all matters affecting their interests.

Are my reasons to take the LOA, sound/strong enough? Is it in accordance with the Solo Parent Act? Does my company have any reason to deny me Solo Parent Leave? Please enlighten me. Please advise.

Thank you.

2SOLO Parent Act, Solo Parent Leave Empty Re: SOLO Parent Act, Solo Parent Leave Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:27 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Winter2014 wrote:Hi
I am trying to secure SOLO parent ID so I can avail of Solo Parent Leave.  I should leave for US to meet the requirements of the embassy for me and my kids. These are K1 & K2 visas. Meaning I have to be physically in the US to meet this requirements and I am doing all this for the welfare of my kids. Here's my predicament. My company did not allow me to take a leave. I undertand the situation of my company. We are under staff therefore I adjusted my leave requests to 2 weeks and I am willing to train a colleague who can back up my tasks in absence but It was still rejected. Now, I thought I secure a SOLO parent ID and use my rights and take 1 week leave to fullfill embassy requirements. As I have mentioned,this is for the welfare of my kids. This is a visa requirements for my kids. Therefore, as per Solo Parent Act, “Parental leave” means leave benefits granted to a solo parent to enable him/her to perform parental duties and responsibilities where physical presence is required.It is my “parental responsibility” to represent my children in all matters affecting their interests.

Are my reasons to take the LOA, sound/strong enough? Is it in accordance with the Solo Parent Act? Does my company have any reason to deny me Solo Parent Leave? Please enlighten me. Please advise.

Thank you.

As long as you meet the requirements or conditions of the benefit, there should be no problem.

http://www.councilviews.com

3SOLO Parent Act, Solo Parent Leave Empty Re: SOLO Parent Act, Solo Parent Leave Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:58 pm

Winter2014

Arresto Menor

Hi
Thank you for your time and advise. Yes, I believed I have met all the requirements (my marriage is annuled. I can show proof. The court issued full custody of my children to me and Solo Parent ID is being processed). I do want to know if my reason is sound enough. Is it in accordance with Solo Parent leave? I really have to be physically in the US or our visa will be denied. This is about my kids welfare, my fiancee and our life as a family.
Thank you. I really appreciate your time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum