Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Land Transfer

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LAND - Land Transfer Empty Land Transfer Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:17 pm

shielandie22

Arresto Menor

Hello po,

Ask ko lang po kung pwede po bang ma transfer and house and lot ng parents ko sa brother ko at sa wife nya using a deed of absolute sale given na namatay na po ang father namin last April 2004 and the transfer was made last August 2007 without my knowledge? Buhay pa po ang mother namin and my mother told me na pinalabas lang nila na may bentahan pero wala...ano po ang dapat ko gawin?

Thank you.

2LAND - Land Transfer Empty Re: Land Transfer Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:56 am

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

Your consent is not required in the selling of the property. But since there was really no actual sale you may question the transaction, but it would be best to hire a lawyer

3LAND - Land Transfer Empty Re: Land Transfer Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:04 am

shielandie22

Arresto Menor

But my father passed away and it should be automatic that part of the land is my inheritance already, am I right to say so?

4LAND - Land Transfer Empty Re: Land Transfer Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:16 am

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

Yes that is true, that is why you need a lawyer to file the proper case. Upon the death of your father, you become one of the heirs to his estate, and your consent should have been obtained when the property was sold in 2007. Had the sale transaction happened prior to your father's death, your consent is not required since you have no right over the said property at the time

5LAND - Land Transfer Empty Re: Land Transfer Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:25 am

shielandie22

Arresto Menor

My father died in 2004. When he died the property was still under our parents name.The transfer was made 3 years after he died...

6LAND - Land Transfer Empty Re: Land Transfer Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:05 pm

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

Yes that is irregular. But perhaps what they did is that they ante dated the deed of sale as 2004 and processed it in 2007 and paid the penalties and surcharges. Or dated the deed of sale in 2007 without disclosing that the father is already deceased. There is really a cause of action to file a case. Thus, you need to engage a lawyer to assess your documents and the entire circumstances of your situation.

7LAND - Land Transfer Empty Re: Land Transfer Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:11 pm

Ladie

Prision Mayor

Hi, I am not a lawyer but would like to share my little knowledge. Your post is not clear to me if the property is IN FACT transferred, conveyed and titled ALREADY IN YOUR BROTHER'S NAME. Gaya Ng post mo. KUNWARI LANG ang Deed of Sale, so alamin mo ito dahil Kung nailipat na sa pangalan Ng brother mo, you need a lawyer to defend you on your right to inherit on your father's portion of your parents conjugal property upon his death. ...Ladie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum