Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to close a business?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1how to close a business? Empty how to close a business? Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:51 pm

rpm

Arresto Menor

may i ask po,
1. ano po ang procedure to close a business? and to file for a bankruptcy? we stopped operation early this year, dahil po wala ng profit, sobrang puno abono nalang ang nangyayari..

2. kahit po ba alam ng mga empleyado na bankrupt na, do we need to pay them separation? we paid them pero partial lang tlga.

3. pano po sss/philhealth/pag ibig nila na di na rin po nahabol ang payments for around 4months? pde po ba nila kami idemanda? e wala na nga po kmi funds?

4. pano po kaya ung non-payment din namin sa lessor namin? di rin po kse kami nakbayad ng ilang buwan.. ang ginawa nya po ni-lock nya ang gamit namin.. di kmi makakuha ng kahit ano.. tama po ba ang ginawa ng lessor?

maraming salamat po.. pls tell me what to do.. thanks again..

2how to close a business? Empty Re: how to close a business? Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:30 pm

attyLLL

is this a corporation? who is stated as the biz owner in your documents such as bank account and BIR, etc.?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3how to close a business? Empty Re: how to close a business? Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:39 pm

rpm

Arresto Menor

yeah this is a family corporation, my father, me and other siblings..

4how to close a business? Empty Re: how to close a business? Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:15 pm

attyLLL

first, get an independent auditor to make a financial report so you will have proof of the poor condition of the company.

bankruptcy requires the filing of a petition in court.

you can file an amended article of incorporation to end the corp. i believe the local government will have a procedure for shutting the business also.

for your employees, you will have to give 30 day notice to them and the DOLE. if you do not pay separation pay, you will need to show your audit report to show why.

inquire with the SSS if they have a process about delinquent accounts and how to suspend them.

lessors do not have a retention lein on the properties unless it's in the contract.

5how to close a business? Empty Re: how to close a business? Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 pm

rpm

Arresto Menor

we stopped operation already and paid the employees a part of their separation pay..

we do not have an access to our office anymore. the lessor locked up the office, most of our equipment, furnitures, are still there..

Sanjo S

Arresto Menor

Hi sir how would this case apply to a Sole Proprietorship business? In my case, I am totally broke and I have no stake to liquidate to repay my debts.

7how to close a business? Empty Re: how to close a business? Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:32 pm

attyLLL

sanjo, for a sole proprietorship, same with employees, but only mayor's permit and bir reg, no more at SEC

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum