Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I need help on how to close a business

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I need help on how to close a business Empty I need help on how to close a business Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm

consce

Arresto Menor

Hi everyone. I'm hoping that I could find here the answer to my problem.
Last 2003 I put up a business & it's a corporation. It was doing good until late 2005 when financial problems arise. Poor collection & supplier issues pull-down the company to bankruptcy. Me, as the head owner, lost a lot of money & buried in debt. I was forced to go back working abroad & I left the country in 2006. In chaos & confusion, I was not able to close the company. I also lost contact of the other incorporator. Much worse, all of the documents are lost (i.e. BIR Reg., SEC Reg, receipts, etc). I know that some of it are lost during the typhoon Ondoy where my house were flooded.
The company stop its operation late 2005.
Since 2006, my wife is filing a "No Operation" form to the BIR to avoid penalties.
My question is there a way that I could finaly close the company & settle everything with the BIR & San Juan City Hall, once & for all.
I'm hoping that someone out there who could help me settle this matter legally. Please Help.
Thank you,
consce

attyLLL

the company will have to file articles of dissolution or amend its articles of incorporation to shorten its period of existence. this will need to be filed and approved by the SEC.

local governments have a form and a process for shutting down businesses. you should inquire at the permits office. the same with BIR

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

consce

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:the company will have to file articles of dissolution or amend its articles of incorporation to shorten its period of existence. this will need to be filed and approved by the SEC.

local governments have a form and a process for shutting down businesses. you should inquire at the permits office. the same with BIR

Hi Sir attyLLL,
My problem is that all of the documents from BIR (registration, books, forms, old receipts, etc) have been lost. What will happen. Pls, I need your advice. Thanks.

attyLLL

you will have to bring this concern to the BIR regarding what doc requirements they will ask you to submit.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5I need help on how to close a business Empty Re: I need help on how to close a business Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:57 am

Sanjo S

Arresto Menor

Hi sir how would this case apply to a Sole Proprietorship business? In my case, I am totally broke and I have no stake to liquidate to repay my debts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum