Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Subleasing Space

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Subleasing Space Empty Subleasing Space Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:20 pm

jefreylandicho

Arresto Menor

Hi
I would like some help pertaining to the leased space we have
On our contract, it is not stated whether I am allowed or not allowed to subleased the space,
since we have been busy with other matters, we wanted to sublet the space temporarily
and we inform the owner in due respect that we would sublet the space
We had a verbal agreement before that I am allowed to sublease the space but the owner is now denying this verbal agreement,
We have already sublet the space but have yet signed a contract with the subleasser
The lessor wants us to vacate the place if we will be subleasing the space and want the subleaser to directly rent to her
however based on Civil Code Article 1650 it states that I can sublet the space if it is not stipulated on the contract that I am not allowed to do so.
I am just wondering why some lawyer don't want to sign the sublease contract wherein we are allowed to do so if we based it to the law even without the owner consent.

Note that we lease two commercial space to the lessor and we have sublease the one space and the owner signed the sublease contract as witness but on the second space, she does not want to sign an amend

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum