Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Failed marrieage

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Failed marrieage Empty Failed marrieage Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:30 pm

Ryan2192

Arresto Menor

Good day, I want to know if my marriage is valid if my date of birth on the certificate is not correct. I have also a feeling that the there was a discrepancy on the process, as we were not required to submit our cenomar and I didn't have a parent's consent at that time. Btw. I was 22yo at the time of marriage. Please help me.

2Failed marrieage Empty Re: Failed marrieage Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:27 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

You didn't need a parental consent at the time of marriage because you were already 22 years old. Only those 18 but below 21 years old need parental consent.

CENOMAR is not one of the formal requirements of a valid marriage. In other words, just because you did not submit a CENOMAR does not mean that the marriage is not valid.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

3Failed marrieage Empty Re: Failed marrieage Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Ryan2192

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your answer. So it is safe to assume that I am married even though the DOB on the certificate is erroneous.?

4Failed marrieage Empty Re: Failed marrieage Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Ryan2192

Arresto Menor

Also we haven't filed a marriage license we just got hitched at the Mayor's office and paid a fee of 300PHP. Is it still valid?

5Failed marrieage Empty Re: Failed marrieage Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:26 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

The lack of marriage license is what will make your marriage invalid, and not the error in your birth certificate. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/annulment-nullity-marriage The error in the DOB will only be material if you have not yet reached the legal marrying age (18) in reality but it appears in your DOB that you are old enough to get married. In your case, you are already 22 years old in reality, the error in your DOB is inconsequential.

But since marriage license is a requisite of a valid marriage, lack of it makes the marriage void. That is what makes your marriage invalid, and not the error in your DOB.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum