Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is developing a mobile spy legal?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is developing a mobile spy legal? Empty Is developing a mobile spy legal? Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:23 pm

cute.yan2x

Arresto Menor

I am a  graduating IT student. We'll be doing our school thesis as part of the requirements. We're planning to develop an Android mobile spy application. Once this application is installed on the mobile phone, user can get incoming/outgoing SMS,  incoming/outgoing call logs, browsing history, etc and view it remotely on the website. This kind of application already exist.

Based on their Legal Policies

"Mobile Spy is designed only to be used to monitor your child or employee.:

Child: Your own legal child that is under the legal age of 18 (as defined by US law). The child must be monitored using a compatible phone that you own. Unless you are the legal guardian thereof, you cannot monitor a child if you hold one of the following relationships:

Brother / Sister
Step-Brother / Step-Sister
Aunt / Uncle
Cousin / Nephew
Grandfather / Grandmother
Great-Grandfather / Great-Grandmother

Employee: Your employee at a company you own OR an employee at the same company as you and you have managerial responsibilities for. The employee must be monitored using a compatible phone owned by the company and issued to the employee under your company’s policies regarding company phones."

So my question is, can we develop this kind of application and implement the same policy? As what I have understood that since the user accepted the terms and agreements before purchasing/installing the application, user will be held liable (not the developer) if this app will be installed on an adult's phone without proper consent. Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum