Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Data Plan from mobile networks

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Data Plan from mobile networks Empty Data Plan from mobile networks Fri May 09, 2014 10:10 am

Krecinto

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I need legal advice on this issue, I hope someone can help me.

Here's the whole story-

I've been issued a company phone with P1200 plan from Smart. Included in the plan is the use of internet since I receive emails in my phone.

Since no one told me that the plan has a limit, I used the data plan to download a big file. The next day my line was cut, and upon inquiry, Smart said that I have exceeded my credit limit (which was set at P100K). I was shocked beyond belief to know that I incurred over P100k overnight so I called the customer service and asked why. The representative said that the plan has a limit of 250MB and I exceeded that.

In my opinion, Smart has not protected my right as a consumer by not notifying me that I have been exceeding the 250MB. I am not a techie person, and I wouldn't have known that I have been exceeding that limit. Smart should have at least sent a warning text/message or cut my service when I started to exceed the 250MB. If I continued on despite their warning then it is completely my fault. But right now, I feel cheated. The charge of over P100k is not reasonable, and I have no money to pay for it (my company won't pay it since these are personal charges).

As a consumer/customer, what can I do about this issue?

Let me know your thoughts please.

Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum