Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

BPO's Client Terminating Contract

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BPO's Client Terminating Contract Empty BPO's Client Terminating Contract Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:00 am

Amistad123

Arresto Menor

Hi,
I'm currently 4 mos pregnant working in a BPO industry. I'm supposed to have my maternity leave on April. My company has a good benefits when it comes to maternity, they cover all the hospital bills and gives us continuous salary even on ML.
My problem is, we recently learned that our client is terminating their contract with our company. It won't be a problem if I'm not pregnant since the company are obliged to find us a new account/client to work with within the company. But, since the contract is good till March of next yr, and I will need to have my maternity leave on April, they're having a hard time to find a new account for me since no hiring manager wants to accommodate someone who will take leave soon.
My question here is; is it legal for them to fire me or have me forcefully resign if they can't find a new work for me within the company? Am i entitled for a separation pay?
Do I have any option?
Please I really need my question answered, it giving me a lot of stress and its not doing good.

Thanks in advance,

2BPO's Client Terminating Contract Empty Re: BPO's Client Terminating Contract Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:32 am

attyLLL

if they fire you or put you on floating status for being pregnant, that will be unlawful

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3BPO's Client Terminating Contract Empty Re: BPO's Client Terminating Contract Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:21 am

Amistad123

Arresto Menor

Thanks po but what If they can't find a new work for me will i be entitled for a separation pay?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum