Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

our hr head is asking me to sign a consultancy contract with my current client

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

maxweb

Arresto Menor

hello everyone
i am currently on proby status with an IT consulting company and i am on my 3rd month with them.
our hr head showed me a contract drafted by her i suppose and the contract is between my current client and myself.
the contract is a consulting contract that ends in dec 2017.
i asked our hr head what will be my status by jan 2018 and the reply was (1) before signing the consultancy contract i have to file a resignation letter with my current employer (2) the consultancy contract is between me and my current client (say Company B) BUT in the same contract my current employer (say Company A) can still engage me and pay me a daily rate for services rendered to Company A.

technically, i believe that my current employer is trying to get me to resign by asking me to join the sister company but only until Dec 2017 so there will be no legal issue.

i would like to ask what are my options given that i am the breadwinner, i move to an apartment near work so i won't be late going to work.

thank you.

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

nasa sayo naman po yan, kung ayaw nyo, eh di maghanap na lang po kayo nang iba and resign..

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Your options here are:
1. do not resign, but i guess since 3 months ka pa lang, your under probationary contract, and they would terminate your probationary employement

2. do as you are told, at least you have a job until December, otherwise, pag ngayon ka mag hanap ng work mahirap na dahil last quarter ng taon. While there, and you have a job, you can look for work if you still want to, or be the best consultant that they would recognize your value and maybe they will continue your employment

and

3. as patok says, mag hanap ka na lang ng ibang work.

It's your choice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum