Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOATING STATUS

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FLOATING STATUS Empty FLOATING STATUS Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:25 pm

mihyan

Arresto Menor

Hello, I have been reading some posts in this forum about floating status. We were placed on floating status. I understand that being on floating status is legal even without any pay or allowance. Having read our labor code, the company should "serve a written notice on the workers and the Ministry of Labor and Employment at least one (1) month before the intended date thereof." What if the letter was served not one month before the intended date?

Thank you!

2FLOATING STATUS Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:32 am

attyLLL

it is considered an irregularity but does not necessarily render the floating status void.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3FLOATING STATUS Empty Floating Status Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:07 am

aphrodite03

Arresto Menor

Hi! I am working in a BPO company and currently on a floating status since the account that we are working with pulled out. I understand that it is LEGAL that we wouldn't be receiving any pay until we get reinstated but I have few questions.

01: We started to be placed on floating last Dec 15, 2013 and on our last pay which was just last Dec 30th, no basic pay was given at all. Is it legal for them to do it since they told us that basic pay is being given real time?

02: In connection to the first question, the tax that was deducted from us was way to high than the normal though we don't have any basic pay on our last payout. Active employees of the company were given the refund but not us who are on floating. Is it legal for the company not to issue refunds for those who are currently on floating?

03: I understand that the company shouldn't be conducting external hiring until all those who are on floating status are given a new job. Our company also have a site in Cebu and they are currently hiring on that site? Is it legal for them not to offer those jobs to those who are on floating status?

04: Lastly, is it legal for a company to conduct another set of interview just like you are applying again for a new job yet you are already hired and regularized by the company, to get reprofiled?

Hoping for your response. Thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum