Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floating Status - BPO

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Floating Status - BPO Empty Floating Status - BPO Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:49 pm

Fab31

Arresto Menor

Good day!,

Im in a BPO industry as a regular employee. On Oct 23rd the account we're in didnt renew their contract; there were 10 agents and 2 supervisors who were affected and was placed on "floating status", i'm one of them. The company endorsed us to other active accounts, others were deployed, 2 supervisors and 1 agent are still on "floating status" for a month now, and used our remaining leaves to get paid.
There have been incidents that other employees was placed on "floating status" and still get regular pay that they dont have to use their leaves.
The company has multiple accounts and sites.
We didnt sign anything, nor given an adviceon how long we're going be on "floating"

1. We understand the no work no pay policy, but how long should it last?
2. Is it legal to hire/promote employees on other sites/account if there are still agents/supervisors on floating status?
3. Shouldn't they provide any documentation to DOLE and to the employees that an "x" number of employees will be on floating status?

2Floating Status - BPO Empty Re: Floating Status - BPO Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:11 pm

attyLLL

1) they are allowed up to 6 month if there is a bonafide suspension of work
2) imo, it should not be allowed, but their argument is that the employee is not qualified.
3) even if they don't it's just considered an irregularity

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum