Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any difference buying a CLOA certicated land?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

A property ad tells this:
"- The land is still with Certificate of Land Ownership Award (CLOA) granted by the Department of Agrarian Reform. Still for application of Land Title. "

I wonder if such land can be used for a developing project I have in mind.
Is it easier/harder/impossible Smile to buy and get title for a company (with foreigner as minority owner) when it's land with CLOA certificate?
If so - what's the difference concerning geting title, when it's CLOA, compared to the common just tax paper situation?
Roughly estimated time to get title? (The developing in question can't start before all documents are ready.)

(The land will be used to develop a FARMING project, so it's still useful for the Department of Agrarian Reform, I asume, although it's an uncommon type of project.
Some of the profit will be used to Help-to-self-help work/business projects for poor Filipins, but this make no difference concerning this law question, because it isn't in the rules for the company, it's only a minority owner wanting to be nice to nice people Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum