Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Online scammed (for online shopping)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Online scammed (for online shopping) Empty Online scammed (for online shopping) Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:03 am

crissykreme

Arresto Menor

I recently won a bid on Ebay Philippines for a Louis Vuitton bag. The seller mentions that her item is 100% authentic and even posted the actual photo of the item. I reviewed first her feedback so I would know if I could trust her and based on my review, at that time she had 100% positive feedback from 70 transactions. With this, she gained my trust. I contacted her through her mobile number she posted on Ebay. I even reconfirm again if her item is 100% authentic and she said she guarantee that it is authentic coz' she already sold few items few days back. So I deal with her and deposited my payment via bank deposit in BDO. She sends my order thru LBC the same day but she changed my item to different one coz' she found problem with the bag while packing it. I got angry at her coz i said she should inform me before sending it. Well then I don't have any choice but to return it back to her coz that is not what i paid for. After 2 days, I received the item and I got disappointed upon checking the bag coz' i it is fake/counterfeit. It is also different from what i won in Ebay auction. I contacted the seller immediately after I found out that it is fake. I requested from her to give me full refund. She replied to me and she said she didn't know that the item she sends to me is fake. Also, she cannot be able to return my money coz she already sends the money to her supplier and now she cannot contact her supplier anymore.  I reported this problem to Ebay Philippines but it seems that I cannot get a positive answer to my problem. Further, the seller is ignoring my call and text and she seems like avoiding me. I cannot get an answer from her so now, I want to know what case I can file for the seller and in which government body should I report/file complaint. I got her residential and business addresses, her personal account number in BDO in where i deposited my payment, also her other online account and businesses and even I got her picture which I took from the internet.

Some people advised me that it is impossible to get my money back but still I am hoping for a positive answer. Is it really possible or impossible to get my money back coz its hard earned money and I want her to stop her wrong doing.

Your help and advice is highly appreciated.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you and kind regards,

Crissy

2Online scammed (for online shopping) Empty Online scammed (for online shopping) Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:24 am

crissykreme

Arresto Menor

Also Attorney, can I ask the BDO bank about this problem since I deposited my payment on their bank. Can they do something about it?

Thank you.

3Online scammed (for online shopping) Empty Re: Online scammed (for online shopping) Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:45 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

I'm afraid you can't do anything with it! If you deposited the money in her account you cannot chase after it anymore, if you paid her through paypal its safer. I am a regular customer of eBay at some point  I bought a sunglasses and I found out its counterfeit not original. I sent back the items and I paid for the shipping and next time I was sent an empty box. When I complain to eBay they cannot deal with it because I made my payment outside eBay's transaction. Once I bought also a cellphone online but I used paypal this time the buyer claims its as good as new but when I received it its not even turning on so I complained and my money as fully refunded..

4Online scammed (for online shopping) Empty Re: Online scammed (for online shopping) Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:50 am

crissykreme

Arresto Menor

Hi AWV, i didn't pay via paypal coz she don't have that option for payment and as per what she posted on ebay, she can only receive payment via bank deposit and gcash. She also mentioned that she can do refund within 7days if not satisfied with the item. Actually, while reading some cases here, i found one case that the bank freezed his account bcoz of a complaint from his buyer claiming that he didn't received the item he paid for. So im wondering if I could do the same in case I will report her to NBI or Police Station for cyberfraud. Actually, i got all the details of the seller, her address, other online businesses and even her picture. I am still looking forward to get my money back coz its not small amount.

I want the seller to pay for her wrong doing even i can't get my money back but at least I can file a case against her so she an have record in NBI.

Thank u for your post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum