Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Subpoena received, theft..

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Subpoena received, theft.. Empty Subpoena received, theft.. Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:39 pm

attypao

Arresto Menor

My sister has been sent with subpoena regarding company theft amounting to around 450k. Prior to this, my sister and I sent letter to the owner that we are willing to settle, on the basis of installment and accompanied by postdated checks. An HR Officer also came to our house to assure from us that we are willing to settle.

A day after receiving the subpoena, my mom and sister went to seek advice from my sister's friend who works for regional court. They were advised to send a reply letter accompanied with the 2 letters we emailed to the company (signed by me and my sister). She said that there's no need for counter affidavit as she has already admitted the act and that she's willing to settle. My mom and my sister will be going to appear and meet the representative of the company on the 28th

My question is that, if in case both parties agreed for settlement, will there be still a chance that my sister go to prison as she has admitted the crime? I can't answer my mom for this but it really pains me everytime she cries when I call. She told me she can't be at peace until the 28th of this month ends and knows that the company is willing to accept our offer. It even adds the painful feeling knowing that I have two nieces who need my sister's and mom's support..

As for now, all I could do is to assume the responsibilitiy of paying as I'm in abroad.

2Subpoena received, theft.. Empty Re: Subpoena received, theft.. Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:28 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

Saan galing ung subpoena? Kung sa prosecutor pa lang, you can settle there and then. Pero kung sa court mahirap na. you have to hire a lawyer to settle.

3Subpoena received, theft.. Empty Re: Subpoena received, theft.. Sun May 11, 2014 11:05 pm

achie

Arresto Menor

Hi, got subpoena in a city prosecutor office. i received it late and was advice to appear without a lawyer to get attachment and complain so that a lawyer can answer it. is it safe? how will i deal with the people in the prosecutor office? it is safe not to answer their questions because i still don't have lawyer? please help

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum