Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

owner repossession of property

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1owner repossession of property Empty owner repossession of property Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 am

mikaella

Arresto Menor

our tenants renovated the house on their own expense and in return we did not increase their rent to cover the cost of their renovation.in addition to this, we allowed them to use our extra lot space for parking and storage. after 5 years, we finally increased the rent and they agreed. the next increase was after another 4 years. at present the rent they are paying is only good for 1 apartment unit but the space they are using is good for 2.we believe that the low rent and minimal increase already covered their expenses when they renovated the house. we requested to correct the amount now to be fair on our part but they refused. we then requested them to leave so we can look for tenants who can pay the fair amount but they refused to tell us when they can leave. we had no choice but gave them 3 months to leave the property even if family members will have to stay for a year, this is for us to legally repossess the property.

does our tenant hold any right over the apartment unit they renovated? we have no written leased contract and the low rent to cover their expenses was only a verbal understanding. my parents own the land. rental law is clear about the grounds for eviction but i couldn't find any about this matter. thanks.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum