Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supplier's Nonfulfillment of Product & Service Warranty

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

alexif

Arresto Menor

My business is a single proprietorship. Last year, I purchased a point-of-sale system from a company providing business solutions. After more than a year of using their system, we requested the company to send a technician to fix the bugs we observed in their program. We were charged for the service since according to them the warranty period has already expired. Their warranty offer, however, as stipulated in their proposal applied only to the hardware. Nothing was mentioned about the software. I am of the opinion that we shouldn't be charged for fixing the bugs since these already existed at the time of installation and we suffered inconveniences because of the bugs. Moreover, the supplier failed to deliver on their commitment under their product/service warranty to provide quarterly preventive maintenance on the system in the duration of the warranty period. Do I have sufficient grounds to file a complaint? If so, with which government agency/office shroud I file the complaint?

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

If it is excluded from your warranty policy, which you agreed upon when you made your purchase, then believe that the company could set that up against your claim. You may read this, https://www.alburovillanueva.com/warranty-hidden-defects. There is a discussion about warranty not being inherent in every sale. The company may exclude from warranty certain aspects of his product or service.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum