Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

compressed work week schedule

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1compressed work week schedule Empty compressed work week schedule Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:05 pm

maxx

Arresto Menor

Hi. Im a nurse who worked for a minimum wage for 8 hrs a day in a 6 days basis.. majority of the staff would agree for a 12 hour a day work schedule for 4 days.. we need the 3 day off since we will benefit from commuting stress and optimal nursing care will be rendered if 12 hour/day because of the possible 3 off days of rest and possible extra income. what are the parameters that we need to come up with to push with the compressed work week schedule? is it legal? thank you and happy new year

2compressed work week schedule Empty Re: compressed work week schedule Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Accountant

Arresto Menor

IMHO, if this suggestion will be approved by the management where you are working it would legal, but if not approved and you work out with this recommendation without prior notice to your employer, you might be terminated as the worse case.

I presume you are working with a hospital, where there are many nurses who are working.

If that's the case, work turnover might not be a problem. In general, your employer is really after for profit. If that recommendation will give them favorable variance/performance in the long run, it might be approved.

So, I would suggest, prepare a plan about this, giving more focus in labor turnover, work schedule(take note: Meal time are excluded in the 12-hours working time), explanations of how would it be beneficial to your employer, and make sure that it won't impair your health.

3compressed work week schedule Empty Re: compressed work week schedule Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 pm

attyLLL

it's legal as long as the staff and the management mutually agree on it.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum