Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

retrenchment or floating status

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1retrenchment or floating status Empty retrenchment or floating status Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:43 am

perudi

Arresto Menor

Good day lawyers, i worked for a certain company for almost 8 years now, last week our employer ask for a meeting with us employees (all departments)and came up with a news that she and her husband (the owners) had decided to closed down our department(only) but the other department and she also asked the selected few from the other department to go as well, our boss tells us that she'll give us our 13th month but she doesnt say that shell give a separation pay, my question is that is that legal? and does a certificate of employment a company's prerogative? is it not a obligation as previous employer? thanks so much lawyers

2retrenchment or floating status Empty Re: retrenchment or floating status Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:33 pm

attyLLL

they are supposed to give 30 days written notice and then pay separation pay of 1 month for every year of service.

there is no law that obliges an employer to issue a cert of employment.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum