Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

help... FLOATING status

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1help... FLOATING status  Empty help... FLOATING status Wed May 18, 2011 12:16 am

althea27

Arresto Menor

Got hired for training for this call center based in MOA. Its for 1-1/2 months. Before the end of training they got us in a meeting telling us that they are stopping it because there are not much calls from the customers.They did not pay us for the rest of the training. They wanted us to apply again to another account. They got us in a floating position. No pay. No guarantee that we are gonna get hired again. The question is do we have the right to ask for a compensation when they are the one who stopped the training in the first place?

2help... FLOATING status  Empty Re: help... FLOATING status Wed May 18, 2011 8:43 pm

attyLLL

you can ask for it, but they will probably refuse.

are you already a probationary employee?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3help... FLOATING status  Empty Re: help... FLOATING status Fri May 20, 2011 6:56 pm

floatingstatus2011

Arresto Menor

I hope someone will enlighten me about my problem. I was hired as an agent for a call center. I handled sales account and for some reasons I didn't meet the quota in latter part of my stay. I was hired February 2011 and they informed me last April 2011 that I will be on a floating status. Though they already issued me verbal warning and it didn't pushed through the escalation process since they already put me on a floating status. And as far as I know, being on the floating status they're supposedly still paying me despite of it. But then, they're not. The last time I went there to get my pay for the remaining days of my work I was shocked because they only pay the days I worked for them and they even informed me that I'm not the only one whose on the floating status and not receiving pay too. So please I need help. Also, I had a contract with for 6 months however there's no signature from any of the company representative. What should I do???? Please help... Question

4help... FLOATING status  Empty Re: help... FLOATING status Fri May 20, 2011 9:16 pm

attyLLL

this is a 6 month probationary contract or a fixed term that your employment terminates in 6 months?

either way, you have security of tenure for those 6 months. if the floating status is being imposed because there was a reduction in personnel, it can be justifiable.

if not, and this is because of your bad performance, then it is unlawful.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum